Summer time can start to get on the nerves of people and the best way to stay clear of the scorching heat is to run to the mountains. There can be no better way to spend your vacation time than to go trekking and being in clean, and green environment. Here we have an assorted list of top 10 treks for April. You will be able to make an informed decision when you have all the information. Do read ahead for knowing about the Top Treks in April in India.
Himalayan Treks in April are:
|Trek Name||No. of Days||Cost||Details|
|Annapurna Base Camp Trek||11 Days||Rs. 35500/-||View Details|
|Deoriatal Chandrashilla Trek||5 Days||Rs. 8900/-||View Details|
|Devkyara Trek||10 Days||Rs.22450/-||View Details|
|Dodital-Darwa Pass Trek||6 Days||Rs. 11450/-||View Details|
|Everest Base Camp via Gokyo Ri||18 Days||Rs. 76500/-||View Details|
|Goechala Trek||11 Days||Rs. 19500/-||View Details|
|Har Ki Dun Trek||7 Days||Rs. 9750/-||View Details|
|Kanchendzonga Round Trek||16 Days||Rs. 49550/-||View Details|
|Kedarkantha Trek||6 Days||Rs. 8450/-||View Details|
|Kolahoi Glacier Trek||6 Days||Rs. 14550/-||View Details|
|Nag Tibba Trek||2 Days||Rs. 4650/-||View Details|
|Pangarchulla Summit Trek||7 Days||Rs. 10450/-||View Details|
|Patalsu Peak Trek||5 Days||Rs. 6800/-||View Details|
|Prashar Lake||2 Days||Rs. 3150/-||View Details|
|Sandakphu-Phalut Trek||7 Days||Rs. 9750/-||View Details|
|Sham Valley Trek||6 Days||Rs. 16500/-||View Details|
|Talle Valley Trek||6 Days||Rs. 18450/-||View Details|
Best Treks in April are:
1. GOECHALA TREK: Goechala trek is the perfect way to experience hiking in April at its best. The glorious peak is located in Sikkim, and rises at an altitude of 15,100 ft. This is quite a popular among trekking enthusiasts, probably because it has so much to offer.
The trail of the trek is absolutely charming. The path goes through dense forests of rhododendrons, which will be blooming during summers. You will also get to see the shimmering Samiti lake on the way to the top. As you make the climb you will see glimpses of Mt Kanchenjunga, which will be standing gloriously in front of you when you reach the top. The view from the mountain will be nothing like anything you have ever seen before, as you will be surrounded by 14 mountain peaks.
The trail is quite hard so first timers should steer clear of this trek.
2. DEVKYARA TREK: To experience trekking in April fully, consider trekking to Devkyara Bugyal. This is one of the few treks which have not been ventured upon too much, so you will find the beautiful surroundings which is not spoiled by the presence of too many humans.
The highest point of this trek rises up to 12,763 ft. If you are someone who enjoys being in green surroundings then this trek will be perfect for you. The trail consists of going through lush grasslands, dense forests, and green meadows. Probably the nearest one can come to heaven. The view from the top will be nothing less as well. Snow capped mountains in front of you will surely take your breath away. You will truly be experiencing something utterly charming if you decide to venture upon this trek.
3. NAG TIBBA TREK: This one’s for beginners, those who want a new hobby that will get them out of their houses. The peak of Nag Tibba rises up to 9,910 ft., making it ideal for a family outing as well. On top of this you can complete this trek in just two days and thus there will not be any need for taking any extra leaves.
The trail of this trek is quite pleasing. It will be more beautiful as you will be trekking during winters. You will find that everything will be covered with snow. When you reach the top of the peak you will be greeted by a mesmerizing view. Everywhere you look you will see mountain peaks covered with snow. This trip will definitely leave you in awe of the natural beauty that mother earth has provided us with and you will surely be coming back again and again for the experience.
4. PANGARCHULLA TREK: Another one of treks in April which will comprise of a beautiful journey is Pangarchulla trek. This trek becomes a bit challenging during winters but if you are a beginner who is determined and is in good shape then you can opt to go for this trek during summers.
The peak of Pangarchulla summit rises at a height of 14,700 ft., the climb to the top will be a thrilling experience. The trail of the trek will take you through dense rhododendron forests, and grassy meadows. Upon reaching the top you will be greeted by a view that will be mind-blowing. Your climb will surely seem worth the effort when you will be looking at the panoramic and scenic view from the top of a peak. You will be returning home with a heart full of joy after this trek.
5. EVEREST BASE CAMP TREK VIA GOKYO RI: Best trek tours in April can certainly not exclude trekking to the base camp of Mt Everest. Dream of climbing Mt Everest may seem a little far-fetched but surely you can get a closer look at the highest peak standing in the world.
With a peak that rises up to an altitude of 18,192 ft, this trek is not something that should be taken for granted. You climb will be hard but the view all along the way will be nothing less than extraordinary. You will pass through numerous lakes while you will be heading up via Gokyo Ri, and of course, there is the ever-present peak of Everest that be accompanying you throughout the way. From the top you will be able to get a closer look at the majestic peak of Everest.
6. HAR KI DUN TREK: Trekking in India in April 2019 has to include Har Ki Dun trek. This trek is amongst the oldest trekking routes discovered in the Indian Himalayas. This fact alone makes this trek considerable enough for a serious trekker. But this trek does have a lot more to offer.
While in winters you will find the meadows and forests covered with snow, during summers this trek becomes utterly delightful because of the blooming greenery and colourful flowers that will be present during the way to the top.
The highest point of this trek rises up to 12,000 ft, making a perfect for someone who has a little bit of trekking experience and wants to up his/her level. Beginners who will be up for a bit of challenge can also opt to go for this trek.
7. PATALSU PEAK TREK: One of the best treks in April India is Patalsu Peak Trek. This trek comprises the pleasure of going though meadows and dense forests which finally give way to snow laden paths, thus making sure that you enjoy the best of both worlds.
The highest point of this trek rises up to an altitude of 13,845 ft. Getting acclimated is important for this trek and thus beginners cannot opt to go for this trek. From the top of the summit you will be looking at a mesmerizing view. The peak of Hanuman Tibba and Friendship peak will be amongst the snow-clad mountains that will be lying in front of you.
8. PRASHAR LAKE TREK: Prashar lake trek being an excessively easy trek is perfect for beginners. Apart from that the trek is completed in just two days thus saving you the pain of taking a leave. Located in Kullu, the lake rises at a height of 8,900 ft.
The trail of the trek goes through dense forests, and amidst tall trees. During summer season you will find an abundance of greenery surrounding you. You will also pass through little village which will give you a chance to see the lives of natives living in the hills. After a pleasant journey you will reach the top of the peak and the see the beautiful lake.
What makes this lake more scenic if the fact that it is surrounded by mountains covered in snow. You can also explore the temple of Prashar Rishi which is situated right by the lake.
Trekking cannot get easier than this and you will have a whole new world opened before you after venturing on this short and easy journey.
9. GREEN LAKE TREK: Trekking to Green Lake will be an amazing and extraordinary experience for any trekker as this is one of the lesser explored places in Sikkim Himalayan region. The lake is situated on the base of Mt Kanchenjunga and is perched on an altitude of 16,570 ft.
This one of the high-altitude treks and thus getting acclimated is necessary. This also makes this trek unsuitable for trekkers who do not have any prior experience with high-altitude trekking.
The path of this trek goes in sort of a zig zag pattern. As you will be making your way to the top make sure to notice the variety of flora and fauna that will be present around you. This trek is sure to test your trekking skills so be prepared for sore muscles from the very start.
Summer trekking, for most of the treks, comes with a beauty that is charming and awe-inspiring at once. Looking at beautiful, colourful flowers throughout the way can melt any one’s heart. Now that you have ample information about treks in April you can choose whichever one suits you best and go exploring into the mountains.