Uttrakhand | 6D/5N | 12,500 Ft.
October to April
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 258 Reviews4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Large Group
All about the Kedarkantha Trek.
Trails lined up with rhododendron and fringed with pine trees, vast meadows with myriad butterflies and snow capped mountains all around, Kedarkantha Trek is one of the most sought after winter trek in the country. This trek originates from Sankri, a small little village nestled deep inside the Garhwal himalayas. The drive from dehradun till sankri offers one of the most beautiful drives in the region of uttrakhand, so don’t doze off in the car specially towards the end. The distance for the trek in not much and the terrain is not so challenging which makes this trek just the right one for first time trekkers. The campsites here range from camping near a frozen pond to verdant meadows and are guaranteed to leave you awestruck. And mate we assure you, when you climb that summit; nothing’s ever going to look the same.
Day 1 Reach the base camp : Sankri
Reach Sankri by evening from Dehradun. Stay at lodge/home-stay.
Day 2 Sankri to Juda Ka Talab – 4 km, 3.5 -4.5 hours
The trail passes through dense pine forests, maple trees, few streams and finally opens out to beautiful meadows.
Day 3 Juda-ka-Talab to Kedarkantha Base – 4 km; 2.5 hours
Most of today’s trail is on a ridge, under oak trees. You will also pass through some meadows where you can spot shepherd log huts.
Day 4 Kedarkantha base to Kedarkantha Summit and descend to Hargaon – 6 km, 6-7 hours
Spend some time at the summit and descend back to the base camp by noon for lunch. Post lunch, descend down to Hargaon.
Day 5 Hargaon to Sankri – 6 km, 4 hours
Descend 2500 feet through dense pine forests. Stay in sankri for the night.
Day 6 Depart from Sankri to Dehradun
You’ll reach Dehradun between 6 pm and 7 pm. You can book your travel any time after 8 pm.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Accommodation and Food in Dehradun: Food and stay in Dehradun are not included in the package. You can book your hotels or homestays in Dehradun, we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation to and fro Sankri from Home city/Dehradun is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
Who is trek meant for?
Kedarkantha is an easy trek, a beginners trek. This is the trek you can start with. Have the feel and never stop.
The best season for the trek?
This trek has two seasons, December – January and March – April. If you want to do a snow trek, then book your trek in start of January or March.
Any Phone connections?
This trek starts from Sankri in Uttarakhanad. Phone network always have issues in the base camp also. You won\'t be getting good network during whole trek but don lose hope, reach the summit and you can enjoy Airtle 3G.
What this trek gives you?
It gives you the feel of the Himalayas, snow, trekking, camping, pine forest, and the achievement of reaching the summit. And the gigantic view of the whole Dhauldhar range, will take you away. You will have nightmares for nights once you go back from the trek but only beautiful ones. Don’t miss it.
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines. For a complete checklist, download the checklist from the footer.