Uttrakhand | 6D/5N | 12,600 Ft.
December – February
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 3 Reviews5/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Brahmtal is a classic winter trek. The summit unveils a heavenly facet when the snow gently falls on its slopes; most of the trek is on the snow, which makes it terribly exciting. Apart from the uneven terrain, the trek is filled with beautiful landscapes, sprawling forests and stretched across the sky are the big mountains of Gharwal and everywhere around you are the white undulating snow fields. Once you cross the shadows of the trees, the full grandeur of the Himalayas hit you. Never ending ridge lines, sprawling Bugiyals, High altitude lakes, snow on the trail and majestic peak views make it a compelling proposition for a winter trek. Brahma Tal is a hidden and secluded lake amidst the ridge, where Lord Brahma meditated according to the mythology. The frozen blue lake with the mighty himalayan peaks overlooking it, creates a mesmerizing and an unmatched experience.
- All accommodation during the trek on sharing basis in tents/homestays
- All meals during the trek – Vegetarian
- Tents, Sleeping bags and all other Camping Gear (Dining Tent, Tiolet Tent etc)
- Safety Equipment (Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinders, Oximeter etc.)
- Services of our expert Trek Leader
- Services of an Expert Trekking Team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping Charges (For Indians Only)
- A Life Changing Experience
- GST and Other Taxes (As applicable, Subjected to change according to Govt. Rules)
- Food during transit from Dehradun to Wan and vice versa
- Travel expenses from Dehradun to Wan and vice versa
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping charges for Foreigner’s (If extra compared for Indian Citizens)
- Backpack Offloading Charges (Portage of Personal Bags)
- Personal Trekking Gear
- Travel Expenses to and fro Dehradun from home city
- Tips for local team
- Expenses of personal nature like Laundry, Phone Calls, Alcohol, Cigarettes, Camera Fee, Bottled Water etc
- Any Requirement for Single Room/Single Tent Accommodation
- Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control
- Anything which is not mentioned in Inclusions
Day 1 From Dehradun to Lohajung
Today, you will drive from Dehradun to Lohajung. The last ATM en route is at a tiny town called Debal. Although Lohajung has a small medical shop, it is better to purchase medicines at Gwaldam and Debal. From Debal, it is an hour’s journey to Lohajung. Once you reach Lohajung, you can see the beautiful Nanda Ghunti peak and if you are lucky enough to reach before sunset, the color of Nanda Ghunti will amaze you. Lohajung, as the locals say, is the place where Goddess Parvati had a war (jung) with the demon, Lohasur. Hence, the name, which translates to ‘war with Lohasur.’ It is a center point of close to 12-15 nearby villages.
Day 2 Trek from Lohajung to Bekaltal
We will trek from Lohajung to Bekaltal(9876 ft), a total distance of 6.3 km, which usually takes about 4-5 hours. Once we are Bekaltal, we will set up camp for overnight and continue sightseeing in the neighboring areas.
Day 3 Trek from Bekaltal to Brahmatal
We will trek from Bekaltal to Brahmtal(10,735 ft) , the distance during this phase is 7.2 kms and the duration is about 4-5 hours. Once we reach Brahmtal, we will set up camp site approximately 500 metres away from the lake.
Day 4 Trek from Brahmatal to Brahmatal Peak (3,846 m) and back to campsite
On this day we will go to Brahmtal peak(12600 ft), from where you will be able to see a panorama of mountains for your visual pleasure. The mountains that are visible includes Chaukhambha, Mandir, Mana, Nilgiri, Neelkant, Trishul, Nanda Ghunti, Maitoli to name some of the mountains of the Panchachuli range.From the peak we will trek back to the camp site. This trek will be about 7.6 Kms and takes about 5-6 hours.
Day 5 Trek from Brahmatal to Lohajung/Wan
On this day we descent back to Lohajung/Wan base camp from Brahmatal, this stretch will be 9 Kms and will take 6-7 hours.
Day 6 From Lohajung/Wan to Dehradun
Depart from Lohajung/Wan to Dehradun. You can book your tickets from Dehradun from evening onwards.
It is considered as a moderate trek. Only few treks are open in winters and Brahmatal is one of them. Anyone who is adventurous and fit can easily do this trek.
It is considered as a winter trek, so, January and February is the best time to do this trek.
The base camp is very well connected with outer world. You might also get network on the top of the summit.
The most amazing part is the Mt. Trisul and Nanda Ghunti peaks from such a close proximity. The 360 degree view from the summit is mesmerizing. This winter snow trek is one of its kind. Go and look for yourself.
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines.
For a complete checklist, go to Trekmunk Checklist.