Nag Tibba Trek
Uttrakhand | 2 D/1N | 9914 Ft.
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 258 Reviews4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Large Group
All about the Nag Tibba Trek.
The first part of its name defines Nag Devta and the second part ‘Tibba’ is a local word for hill or peak. The villagers, come here to offer their prayers to Snake God (Nagdevta) for the protection of their beloved animals. Situated at an altitude of 3022 Meters from the sea level it has a temple on the top and Bandarpoonch ranges of Great Indian Himalaya which looks most spectacular and alluring. Winters are chilly and summers are pleasant at this place.
Why Nagtibba: It is a great weekend trip where you will find the Rocky Mountains, snow, forest, open fields, and some great experience. We believe that if you can run and walk you can do this Trek. Chances of altitude sickness are rarely reported. You can start your trip after completing your office on Friday evening and be back in the office on Monday morning. Blame your tiredness on Monday blues with the happy memoirs of your weekend getaway.
Max Altitude: 3022 m
Duration: 2 Days/1 Night
- Easy and simple trek to start with. One of the best trek for beginners.
- It is snow-clad from mid of December o Mid of March. Ambient temperature during rest of the season.
- Sunrise and sunset are jaw drooping and really worth watching.
Day 1 Dehradun - Nag Tibba Temple Campsite
Pick up from Dehradun Railway Station at around 6 AM. Then we will drive from Dehradun to Pantwari (4642 feet) which is 85 km by road. From Pantwari we will trek to the campsite at Nag Tibba Temple campsite.
Day 2 Camp to Nag Tibba Summit (9914 feet) and back to Dehradun
On this day we will trek from campsite to Nag Tibba Summit.The trek is about 11 Kms and take 5 hours usually to complete the trek. We then drive you back to Dehradun by 6-7 PM. You can arrange your onward plans accordingly.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Transportation from Dehradun to Pantwari and vice versa: Transportation from Dehradun to Pantwari and vice versa is included in the package which will be in a standard cab.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Accommodation and Food in Dehradun: Food and stay in Dehradun are not included in the package. You can book your hotels or homestays in Dehradun, we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from home to Dehradun and vice versa is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
Who is this Trek meant for?
The level of this trek is easy, which demands average physical fitness, stamina, and endurance. No prior trekking experience is required which means beginners are always welcomed. Also, please do basic exercise such as jogging, sit-ups and similar for 1-2 weeks before the start of the trek.
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, 2 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 2 pairs of socks, sunscreen SPF 50+, towel, lip balm, headlamp/torch (optional), water bottles of 1 liter, and personal medicines. Trekking shoes (however normal sports shoes will do in case there is no snow), and Pullover. For a complete checklist, download the checklist from the footer.
Which season should the trek be attempted in?
The trek can be attempted at any time of the year. It is snow clad especially in the month of Mid December to Mid March. Flowers bloom in the month of March/April to May/June. From September to November, the weather is very pleasant at night and star gazing is at its best.
How to reach Dehradun?
By Bus: State Transport buses are available for Dehradun from all major neighboring states. Volvo/Janrath AC buses are available from Delhi at every half an hour at night after 8 pm. Non-AC buses are also available at a regular frequency. Private operators offer sleeper buses and are available after 8 pm from Delhi. By Train: Trains are available from Delhi and other major cities across the country to Dehradun. (Please prefer to take trains that arrive before 6:30 am if you wish to start the trek on the same day). Major suggested trains from Delhi are Dehradun Express (12687) and Nanda Devi Express (12205). By Air: Dehradun Airport (Jolly Grant Airport) is well connected to other major airports of the country. Direct and connecting flights are available from all major airports. From the airport take a taxi to arrive at pickup location (Dehradun Railway station)