Deoriatal Chandrashilla Trek
Uttarakhand | 5D/4N | 13,600 Ft.
January – May and October – December
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 1 Review4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
All about the Deoriatal Chandrashilla Trek.
Chandrashilla summit is a rock face above and beyond the temple of Tungnath, the highest Shiva temple in the world. The trail is tricky with its abrupt climbs and sudden changes in the terrain. The snow filled hills are majestic and leave you in awe, the quietness around along with surreal beauty brings everyone to a standstill. The trail is surrounded by an imposing forest of oak, deodar, and rhododendron that shadow a rich bed of flowering plants. This under-rated, untouched beauty provides a 360-degree view of some of the most astounding views of the Garhwal Himalayas. This trek is great for people who want to start trekking in the Himalayas. It’s also a visual delight which attracts not only trekkers but also photographers around the world to capture the beauty.
Day 1 : Drive from Haridwar to Sari (10 hours)
On the way to sari from Haridwar you can cherish Rishikesh and Devprayag enroute, if you have the time. Your drive to the trek destination will take around eight to ten hours including a comfortably timed break for breakfast and lunch.
Day 2 : Trek from Sari to Deoriatal (3 kms)
After having breakfast, the amazing trek will begin and will be around 3kms long. You can have a small sightseeing tour around the campsite if you wish. Once you start your trek, you can see the reflection of amazing surroundings in the crystal clear lake. Therefore it is often called as ‘two worlds at one place’. Your trek to Deoriatal will be lined by the holy rivers Ganga and Alaknanda.
Day 3 : Trek from Deoriatal to Chopta (15kms)
We will be trekking to Chopta Rohini Bugyal on the third day. This trek is about 8 Kms and takes approximately 7-8 hours. Some local birds and deer might be seen during this trek along with majestic ice-capped mountains. Overnight stay will be at Chopta.
Day 4 : Trek from Chopta to Tunganath to Chandrashilla peak & back to Chopta
We will trek from chopta to tunganath and chandrashilla peak on this day. This trek will be 7 Kms and usually takes 5-6 hours. Enjoy the mountain vegetation and trees en route. Overnight stay will be at Chopta.
Day 5 : Departure from Chopta to Haridwar/Rishikesh by taxi
After breakfast, all you’ve to do is drive to Haridwar. You will reach Haridwar/Rishikesh by evening.
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Accommodation and Food in Dehradun: Food and stay in Dehradun are not included in the package. You can book your hotels or homestays in Dehradun, we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from home to Dehradun and vice versa and Travel Expenses from Dehradun to Sari and Chopta to Dehradun is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
Who is this Trek meant for?
This is an easy to moderate trek like Kedarkantha. Beginnerss with basic physical fitness can try this trek.
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines. For a complete checklist, download the checklist from the footer.