Deoriatal Chandrashilla Trek
Uttarakhand | 5D/4N | 13,600 Ft.
January – May and October – December
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 1 Review4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Chandrashilla summit is a rock face above and beyond the temple of Tungnath, the highest Shiva temple in the world. The trail is tricky with its abrupt climbs and sudden changes in the terrain. The snow filled hills are majestic and leave you in awe, the quietness around along with surreal beauty brings everyone to a standstill. The trail is surrounded by an imposing forest of oak, deodar, and rhododendron that shadow a rich bed of flowering plants. This under-rated, untouched beauty provides a 360-degree view of some of the most astounding views of the Garhwal Himalayas. This trek is great for people who want to start trekking in the Himalayas. It’s also a visual delight which attracts not only trekkers but also photographers around the world to capture the beauty.
Day 1 Drive from Haridwar to Sari (10 hours)
On the way to sari from Haridwar you can cherish Rishikesh and Devprayag enroute, if you have the time. Your drive to the trek destination will take around eight to ten hours including a comfortably timed break for breakfast and lunch.
Day 2 Trek from Sari to Deoriatal (3 kms)
After having breakfast, the amazing trek will begin and will be around 3kms long. You can have a small sightseeing tour around the campsite if you wish. Once you start your trek, you can see the reflection of amazing surroundings in the crystal clear lake. Therefore it is often called as ‘two worlds at one place’. Your trek to Deoriatal will be lined by the holy rivers Ganga and Alaknanda.
Day 3 Trek from Deoriatal to Chopta (15kms)
We will be trekking to Chopta Rohini Bugyal on the third day. This trek is about 8 Kms and takes approximately 7-8 hours. Some local birds and deer might be seen during this trek along with majestic ice-capped mountains. Overnight stay will be at Chopta.
Day 4 Trek from Chopta to Tunganath to Chandrashilla peak & back to Chopta
We will trek from chopta to tunganath and chandrashilla peak on this day. This trek will be 7 Kms and usually takes 5-6 hours. Enjoy the mountain vegetation and trees en route. Overnight stay will be at Chopta.
Day 5 Departure from Chopta to Haridwar/Rishikesh by taxi
After breakfast, all you’ve to do is drive to Haridwar. You will reach Haridwar/Rishikesh by evening.
- All accommodation during the trek on sharing basis in tents/homestays
- All meals during the trek – Vegetarian
- Tents, Sleeping bags and all other Camping Gear (Dining Tent, Tiolet Tent etc)
- Safety Equipment (Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinders, Oximeter etc.)
- Services of our expert Trek Leader
- Services of an Expert Trekking Team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping Charges (For Indians Only)
- A Life Changing Experiencein/ex
- GST and Other Taxes (As applicable, Subjected to change according to Govt. Rules)
- Food during transit from Dehradun to Sari and vice versa
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping charges for Foreigner’s (If extra compared for Indian Citizens)
- Backpack Offloading Charges (Portage of Personal Bags)
- Personal Trekking Gear
- Travel Expenses to and fro Dehradun from home city
- Travel Expenses from Dehradun to Sari and Chopta to Dehradun
- Tips for local team
- Expenses of personal nature like Laundry, Phone Calls, Alcohol, Cigarettes, Camera Fee, Bottled Water etc
- Any Requirement for Single Room/Single Tent Accommodation
- Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control
- Anything which is not mentioned in Inclusions
Who is this Trek meant for?
This is an easy to moderate trek like Kedarkantha. Beginnerss with basic physical fitness can try this trek.
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines. For a complete checklist, go to Trekmunk Checklist.