Pangarchulla Summit Trek
Uttarakhand | 7 D/ 6N | 15,070 Ft.
March to May and September to December
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 288 Reviews4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
All about the Pangarchulla Summit Trek.
Brimming with adventure, serenity and beauty, the Pangarchulla trek lures in herds of trekkers every year. Replete with mesmerising forests and blooming rhododendrons, the trek climbs up to views of some of the tallest mountains in the Garhwal Himalayas. The initial trail winds through verdant forests which house numerous enchanting floral species crisscrossing the ground, while as you climb higher up, you can treat yourself to a pristine carpet of powdery snow. The undulating terrain of the trek trails through dense oak forests and high altitude pastures that fill you with instant joy! The trek may demand that you struggle your way through a fair share of boulder for impressive rewards! The thrilling summit climb is truly surreal, and sets your heart racing as you hustle through toil through boulders and deep snow. What await you at the end of a challenging climb are literally breathtaking views of the grandest Himalayan peaks that fence you.
Max. Altitude – 4,593 m
Duration – 7 days
Difficulty – Moderate to challenging
1. Bask in the glorious views of Mt. Nanda Devi, Dunagiri, Hathi Parbat, Chaukhamba, and Ghori Parbat as they spread a close watch over you.
2. The summit climb
Day 1 Arrive at Lata
Lata, home of the misty valleys and lofty peaks is the base village for the trek. The drive from Haridwar to Lata, though long, is scenic. Treat your eyes to great views of the endless forests and yawning valleys of Garhwal enroute. Reach Lata before 06:00 pm.
Altitude: 2,317 m
Time Taken: 8 – 9 hours drive from Haridwar
Day 2 Drive to Dhak; Trek to Akhrotgetta
We begin the trek from Dhak. The majestic Mt. Nanda Devi greets you with a sprawling embrace at the start of the trek. About 2.5 hours into the trek you enter grand forests of oak, and trail through crisp, fallen leaves that carpet your path. These magical forests merge with the stunning Gorson Bugyal, a beautiful wide meadow, shadowed by the neighbouring peaks. Once the tree line drops away, the panoramic backdrop is dominated by Mt. Dronagiri. The first few minutes into Gorson Bugyal follow an ascent, then level out gradually. Soon, the trail dips into magical oak forests leading to Chitrakantha where you set camp for the night.
Altitude: 2,863 m
Time Taken: 5 – 6 hrs
Day 3 Trek from Akhrotgetta to Khullara
The trail leaves Chitrakantha, and enters a dense forest for 3 hours, right up til Jhandi Top. From here, we descend along the trail that tail’s the Lord Curzon Trail, overlooked by the lofty Chaukhamba, Neelkanth, Trishul, Nanda Devi and Hathi Ghoda. The lovely Khullara campsite is just an hour’s trek away now.
Altitude: 3,383 m
Time Taken: 4 – 5 hrs
Day 4 Trek from Khullara to Gailgad
From the Khullara campsite, a beautiful forest ridge linking the Lord Curzon Trail snakes along a frozen stream. This part of the trek is blanketed by deep snow. A steep ascent brings you another bridge to climb, revealing a gully right above you. This climb is stiff and steep as you trudge through the powdery snow, moving past the forest line. Another 45 minutes will land you atop the snow gully, where the trail veers to the right and commands views of the massive Pangarchulla peaks. Stick to the right side of the ridge, and continue trekking for about 45 minutes. This is the Advance Base Camp for the trek, and we set camp here for the night.
Altitude: 3,803 m
Time Taken: 3 – 4 hrs
Day 5 Trek from Gailgad to Pangarchulla Summit and back
The most exciting and awaits day of the trek. We begin the strenuous summit climb early in the morning, making way through huge accumulation of snow. It is imperative to wear proper gaiters and crampons today. The trail features several steep inclines. During winters, care must be taken, as the snow can get very slippery. This is where crampons come into the picture. They will help you with the grip and avoid possible slips and falls. The trial further undulates and involves sharp ascents and descents along with a few mountain ridges. When you’re about 350 to 400 meters from the summit, whip out your ice axes to climb the first snow wall, inclined at 60 degrees. A few laborious hours later, the magical Pangarchulla Summit finally unveils a beautiful panoramic canvas for you! Capture the beautiful views to be locked away in your heart, and then begin the descent back to the camp.
Altitude: 4,593 m
Time Taken: 10 – 12 hrs
Day 6 Trek from Gailgad to Auli; drive to Joshimath
Total descent today, with a handful of steep gradients our way. Trek through the thick forests of oak and rhododendron, and retrace the trail to Auli. From here, your pre-booked vehicles await to depart to Joshimath, marking the end of your beautiful trek.
Altitude : 2,682 m; 2041 m
Time Taken: 6 hrs trek; 1 hour drive
Day 7 Drive from Joshimath to Haridwar
On this day, you will drive from Joshimath to Haridwar or Dehradun. You can plan your travel after this day.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Accommodation and Food in Dehradun/Haridwar: Food and stay in Dehradun/Haridwar are not included in the package. You can book your hotels or homestays in Dehradun/Haridwar, we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from Dehradun/Haridwar to Joshimath and vice versa is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
Whom is the trek for?
The level of this trek leans more towards difficult, which naturally demands exceptional physical fitness, stamina and endurance. It is strongly advisable to have prior trekking experience of scaling at least 3,500 meters before you approach this trek, which means beginners should stay away. Also, proper acclimatization is key for successful completion of the trek.
Which season should the trek be attempted in?
The months from March to May and September to October are ideal for the trek, as winters may see heavy snowfall, making it more difficult.
What are the weather conditions that can be expected during the trek?
During summers (April - May), the temperatures will fall between 12 to 20 degrees, while it can drop as low as -5 degrees in the night. Post monsoon months of October and November see a further 3 to 5 degrees drop in the temperatures.
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines.For a complete checklist, download the checklist from the footer.
|Trek Package Confirmed Dates||Trek Status Availabilty||Price (Per Person) Excluding Flights||Price (Per Person) Including Flights|
November 10, 2019 - November 16, 2019
November 17, 2019 - November 23, 2019
November 24, 2019 - November 30, 2019