Valley of Flowers Trek
Uttarakhand | 6 D/5N | 14000 Ft.
July – September
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 1 Review4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
All about the Valley of Flowers Trek.
Perched gracefully under the watchful eyes of the towering himalayan peaks, the valley is situated at an altitude of 3,858m above the sea level. When the snow melts every monsoon and the sun shines bright on this field, the entire valley comes alive and bursts into an array of colors. With a carpet of million species of wild flowers, snow clad mountains in the backdrop and diversified species of butterflies and insects; this rich in bio-diversity valley is a paradise for every nature lover. The trek entrails from Govind Ghat, on the route to Hemkund Sahib. According to the holy Granth Sahib, Guru Gobind Singh(10th guru of the sikh faith) had meditated on the bank of this lake. Encircled by seven snow-clad mountains and their associated glaciers, it reflects its surroundings enchantingly on its crystal clear serene waters.
Day 1 : Haridwar to Govindghat
Drive to Govindghat, this will take around 10 hours. During the drive you will passing via Devprayag, Rudraprayag and Joshimath.
Day 2 : Govindghat to Ghangaria Trek, 16 Km
We will trek from Govindghat to Ghangaria, it will be a 16 Kms trek passing through two small beautiful villages Pulna and Bhyundar. We will stay at Ghangaria overnight and prepare for the next day.
Day 3 : Towards Valley Of Flowers
After breakfast we will start our trek for Valley of Flowers. After 3 Kms of trek we will reach the starting point of Valley of flowers, which is a 10 Kms long and 2 Kms wide stretch and separated by Pushpawati Stream. Enjoy the serene beauty of rare alpine wildflowers like blue poppy, Cobra Lily, Geranium, Marsh etc. We will have our lunch here and then trek back to Ghangaria for our overnight stay.
Day 4 : Towards Hemkund Sahib
On this day we will trek to Hemkund Sahib, although it is just 6 Kms trek, it is very arduous and the trek will need 6 hours. We will have to start our descent before 2 PM as the weather here changes very rapidly.
Day 5 : Ghangaria to Govindghat
We will trek back to Govindghat using the same trail. Upon reaching Govindghat we will check into a hotel and take rest overnight.
Day 6 : Drive to Haridwar/Risikesh
Drive from Govindghat to Haridwar/Rishikesh and will reach by evening. Plan your stay or onward journey accordingly.
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Accommodation and Food in Dehradun: Food and stay in Dehradun are not included in the package. You can book your hotels or homestays in Dehradun, we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from home to Dehradun and vice versa and Travel expenses from Dehradun to Govind Ghat and Govind Ghat to Dehradun is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
Questions about the Trek
Who is trek meant for?
Valley of flowers is a monsoon trek. It is an easy 4 days trek. If you love rains, flowers and mountains, this trek is definitely for you. People of all ages can do this trek.
The best season for this trek
Rainy season is the only season when the valley is open and is in its full bloom. The best time is assumed to be mid July to mid August.
Are Phone Connections available?
Phone network is available as some points during the trek. But landline phones are available at the mid way village. So, no issue of connectivity.
What this trek gives you?
As the name suggest, the valley is full of flowers. The valley contains more than 800 types of rare Himalayan flowers which bloom in unlimited number and cover the whole valley. You can spot Brahma Kamal as well as the Himalayan queen, Blue Poppy and many more. Moreover, you get to visit Hemkund sahib, the world’s highest gurduwara which is another plus point of this trek. The negative part is that you are not allowed to camp in the national park, but this valley is worth trekking for.
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines. For a complete checklist, download the checklist from the footer.
Trek Dates & Prices
|Trek Package Confirmed Dates||Trek Status Availabilty||Price (Per Person) Excluding Flights||Price (Per Person) Including Flights|
August 12, 2019 - August 17, 2019
Full, No Seats