Valley of Flowers Trek
Uttarakhand | 6 D/5N | 14000 Ft.
July – September
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 1 Review4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Large Group
Perched gracefully under the watchful eyes of the towering himalayan peaks, the valley is situated at an altitude of 3,858m above the sea level. When the snow melts every monsoon and the sun shines bright on this field, the entire valley comes alive and bursts into an array of colors. With a carpet of million species of wild flowers, snow clad mountains in the backdrop and diversified species of butterflies and insects; this rich in bio-diversity valley is a paradise for every nature lover. The trek entrails from Govind Ghat, on the route to Hemkund Sahib. According to the holy Granth Sahib, Guru Gobind Singh(10th guru of the sikh faith) had meditated on the bank of this lake. Encircled by seven snow-clad mountains and their associated glaciers, it reflects its surroundings enchantingly on its crystal clear serene waters.
Day 1 Haridwar to Govindghat
Drive to Govindghat, this will take around 10 hours. During the drive you will passing via Devprayag, Rudraprayag and Joshimath.
Day 2 Govindghat to Ghangaria Trek, 16 Km
We will trek from Govindghat to Ghangaria, it will be a 16 Kms trek passing through two small beautiful villages Pulna and Bhyundar. We will stay at Ghangaria overnight and prepare for the next day.
Day 3 Towards Valley Of Flowers
After breakfast we will start our trek for Valley of Flowers. After 3 Kms of trek we will reach the starting point of Valley of flowers, which is a 10 Kms long and 2 Kms wide stretch and separated by Pushpawati Stream. Enjoy the serene beauty of rare alpine wildflowers like blue poppy, Cobra Lily, Geranium, Marsh etc. We will have our lunch here and then trek back to Ghangaria for our overnight stay.
Day 4 Towards Hemkund Sahib
On this day we will trek to Hemkund Sahib, although it is just 6 Kms trek, it is very arduous and the trek will need 6 hours. We will have to start our descent before 2 PM as the weather here changes very rapidly.
Day 5 Ghangaria to Govindghat
We will trek back to Govindghat using the same trail. Upon reaching Govindghat we will check into a hotel and take rest overnight.
Day 6 Drive to Haridwar/Risikesh
Drive from Govindghat to Haridwar/Rishikesh and will reach by evening. Plan your stay or onward journey accordingly.
- All accommodation during the trek on sharing basis in tents/homestays
- All meals during the trek – Vegetarian
- Safety Equipment (Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinders, Oximeter etc.)
- Services of our expert Trek Leader
- Services of an Expert Trekking Team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping Charges (For Indians Only)
- A Life Changing Experience
- GST and Other Taxes (As applicable, Subjected to change according to Govt. Rules)
- Food during transit from Dehradun to Govind Ghat and vice versa
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping charges for Foreigner’s (If extra compared for Indian Citizens)
- Backpack Offloading Charges (Portage of Personal Bags)
- Personal Trekking Gear
- Travel Expenses to and fro Dehradun from home city
- Travel expenses from Dehradun to Govind Ghat and Govind Ghat to Dehradun
- Tips for local team
- Expenses of personal nature like Laundry, Phone Calls, Alcohol, Cigarettes, Camera Fee, Bottled Water etc
- Any Requirement for Single Room/Single Tent Accommodation
- Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control
- Anything which is not mentioned in Inclusions
Who is trek meant for?
Valley of flowers is a monsoon trek. It is an easy 4 days trek. If you love rains, flowers and mountains, this trek is definitely for you. People of all ages can do this trek.
The best season for this trek
Rainy season is the only season when the valley is open and is in its full bloom. The best time is assumed to be mid July to mid August.
Are Phone Connections available?
Phone network is available as some points during the trek. But landline phones are available at the mid way village. So, no issue of connectivity.
What this trek gives you?
As the name suggest, the valley is full of flowers. The valley contains more than 800 types of rare Himalayan flowers which bloom in unlimited number and cover the whole valley. You can spot Brahma Kamal as well as the Himalayan queen, Blue Poppy and many more. Moreover, you get to visit Hemkund sahib, the world’s highest gurduwara which is another plus point of this trek. The negative part is that you are not allowed to camp in the national park, but this valley is worth trekking for.
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines. For a complete checklist, go to Trekmunk Checklist.