Singalila Ridge Trek
West Bengal | 7 D /6N | 11,929 ft
October – November and April – June
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 312 Reviews4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
All about the Singalila Ridge Trek.
Singalila Ridge Trek is part of Kanchenjunga range and adorns the Eastern Himalayan range and goes across the India-Nepal international border. You’ll be able to capture in your eyes the isolated view of inspiring Mt. Everest (29,035 ft), charming Lhotse (27,890 ft), mesmerising Makalu, (27,805m) and the beautiful Kanchenjunga mountain (28,169 ft) along with the view of
the range famously known as, ‘The Sleeping Buddha’ as it look a lot like someone who is resting calmly on the mountains, also giving an insight to the most famous culture of the region, which is Buddhism. Besides this fact, the region still is much diversified with the various cultures of Tibetans, Mongolians, and other mixed communities of Nepalese and Indians. More often
than not, trekkers have an amazing interaction with these local people who are very compassionate and kind-hearted.
Popular for its traits that benefits for the entire Himalayan range, the mountain is enriched with nature. You’ll encounter the Singalila National Park and during the trek you might be able to see various never-seen-before flora and fauna at every other turn.
Overall, this trek is for anyone who wishes to experience the beauty of wilderness, encounter the various Eastern cultures and have a peaceful yet adventurous break from the everyday life. If that sounds like you, then pack up your bags and be ready!
Maximum Altitude – 11,929 ft
Duration – 7 Days
Difficulty Level – Moderate
- Distant view of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Makalu
- Close view of Kanchenjunga mountain
- Various peaceful cultures and people
- A range resembling the sleeping person, who in turn resembles Buddha, thus called ‘The Sleeping Buddha’.
Day 1 : Land at Bagdogra; Drive to Darjeeling (7,001 ft)
On your first day, you’ll land at the airport of Bagdogra town of Darjeeling, West Bengal; it is named so because its forests are enrich with lions and tigers. Then drive through the amazing tea cultivations of Darjeeling and reach your hotel, where you’ll spend the night.
Altitude – 7,001 ft
Day 2 : Drive to Dhotrey (8,070 ft); Drive for 2.5 hours and then Trek to Tonglu (10,072 ft)
Wake up early in the morning and enjoy the scenic drive of two and a half hours to Dhotrey which will be our stand point for the beginning of the trek. Take care of yourself as you might encounter snakes in the path as we climb through the wilderness till we reach trekker’s hut at Tonglu (3070m) where we will spend our night.
Altitude – 10,072 ft
Day 3 : Climb to Kalapokhri (10,196 ft)
In the morning we will again begin our journey from Tonglu to Kalapokhri. During the 6 hours trek you’ll walk along with the rhododendron on the ridges and walk down to Jaubari (inside Nepal border). From here you’ll experience the beauty of Eastern Himalayas. From Jaubri we will walk down to Gairibas (8628 ft) and then climb to Kalapokhri following a small lake.
Altitude – 10,196 ft
Day 4 : Trek to Sandakphu (11,925 ft)
From the beautiful and small settlement of Kalapokhri we will start walking through the curves and ridges of the mountains to the highest platform of our trek, which is Sandakphu. This will take around 3-4 hours. We will spend our night again in a trekker’s hut.
Altitude – 11,925 ft
Dsay 5 : Trek to Gurdum (7,874 ft)
We will wake up early and have a calming breakfast with an eye-pleasing view of the gigantic Himalayan ranges, spread across the three countries, Bhutan-Nepal-India. After that we will begin our trek again through the dense forests of Himalayas till we will reach the trekker’s base at Gurdgam.
Altitude – 7,874 ft
Day 6 : Trek till Sepi (7,480 ft); Drive back to Darjeeling
We will walk down to the big tributary of Teesta River, known as, Sirikhola and walk across the bridge till we reach a rough path, a Jeep trail from where we will finally walk to Sepi. This will take around three hours and then we will have a four hours drive back to the hotel.
Altitude – 6,700 ft
Day 7 : Drive back to Bagdogra
Finally on our seventh day, we will have our breakfast, pack up our bags and enjoy a three hours drive back to the Bagdogra Airport or if someone wants then to the New Jalpaiguri railway station.
Altitude – 412 ft
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from Bagdogra to Darjeeling and Vice Versa is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
Questions about the Trek
Who can go for this trek?
This is one of the best treks if you wish to go on a peaceful, culturally rich and an adventurous trip along with a family or friends or if you wish to introduce someone/yourself for the first time to trekking and looking for maiden trekking on HImalayas.
How long we are expected to walk?
If you are thinking to go on trekking, you are obviously expected to walk at least 26-30 kms (even as a beginner). This trek accumulates 4-5 hours of hiking and trekking each day with an exception of 6 hours on odd days. The trek is relatively difficult due to its moderate altitudes.
Where we will stay after completing each trek?
The Singalila ridge trek is extremely peaceful, scenic and calming. You’ll stay at various trekker’s huts at the end of each trek day and will be able to experience the warmth and beauty of the of this region. You might also be able to interact with the locals people (who are very kind and compassionate) during your stay at trekker’s hut.
Is this trek difficult?
Not really. The ridge is located in Sikkim and is said to be moderately difficult. It isn’t a longish trip and ends in a week’s time. You’ll have to climb on few steep paths and thus overall, you are expected to have good stamina and have a bit of experience in high altitude trekking can be an add-on.