Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Nepal | 8D/7N | 13,550Ft
February – May and September to December
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 288 Reviews4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
All about the Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
Annapurna Base Camp trek is one of the most popular treks in Nepal. It is quite easy and short compared to other high altitude treks in the country. This trek offers a diverse culture, terrain, and wildlife. Along with the most spectacular and close up view of Annapurna range, Machhapuchhre, Hiunchuli, and Dhaulagiri.
In springs, it offers a wide variety of high altitude flowers orchids, rhododendron etc. It will surprise you with a lot of waterfalls on the way.
Other highlights of this trek are the hot springs! Very relaxing and healing for your aching muscles.
Also, ABC passes through MBC (Machhapuchhre Base Camp). What a blissful moment. Visit two base camps in one trip!
Max Altitude: 13,550 ft
Day 1 Reach Pokhara and Stay for the night.
Day 2 Drive from Pokhara to Lower Ghandruk (3 hours drive) and trek to Komrong - 5kms, 3hrs.
Day 3 Trek from Komrong (2250 metres) to Chomrung (2170 metres) - 7 kms, 5 - 6 hrs.
Day 4 Trek from Chomrung (2170 metres) to Dovan (2580 metres) - 11kms, 6 - 7 hrs.
Day 5 Trek from Dovan (2580 metres) to Machapuchare Base camp (3700 metres) - 10kms, 6 - 7hrs.
Day 6 Trek from Machapuchare base camp (3700 metres) to Annapurna Base camp (4130 metres) - 3.5 kms, 2hrs.
Day 7 Trek from Annapurna Base camp (4130 metres) to Bamboo (2340 metres) - 16kms, 8 - 9hrs.
Day 8 Trek from Bamboo (2340 metres) to Jhinu (1760 metres) - 10kms,6 - 7 hrs.
Day 9 Trek from Jhinu (1760 metres) to Syauli Bazaar(1140 metres) - 6kms trek and drive back to Pokhara (3 hours drive).
Day 10 Leave from Pokhara for your onward travel plans.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Accommodation and Food in Pokhara : Food and stay in Pokhara are not included in the package. You can book your hotels or homestays in Pokhara, we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from home to Pokhara and vice versa is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines. For a complete list, download the checklist from the footer.
Who is this trek meant for?
This trek is a long trek but very beautiful. The long walks and the altitude is tough. This trek is for regular trekkers who want to do trekking with a change. As there is no camping in this trek, you stay in homestays and get hot water to take shower too. You do village hoping in this trek.