Himachal Pradesh | 2D/1N | 8,900 Ft
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 1 Review4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Large Group
Situated 45 km north of Mandi, frozen in winters and a visual spectacle otherwise; Prashar Lake is a secret well kept in the Himachal district. Perfect for first time trekkers, the lake is located at a height of 8,900ft above sea level. Surrounded by snow- capped mountains, the treks offers a 180 degree view of the Kinnaur, Pir- Panjal, Dhauladar ranges. The lake is fenced with tall Cedar trees and has a small floating island in the middle. The depth of the lake remains unknown while it is considered sacred because masses believe that sage Prashar meditated there, giving the lake its name. That is probably the reason the locals have been spotted saying ‘no man can live there, it is a place for the gods!’.
Day 1 Mandi to Prashar Lake via Baggi Village (7 kms Trek)
We board a vehicle from Mandi to Baggi Village, it will take around 3 hours to reach the village. After briefing and stretching, we start the short trek of 4km uphill towards the lake which will take about 5-6 hrs. We will cross several meadows on our journey and would reach the famous and snow covered lake. If this is your first trek, you will be awestruck with the amazing panoramic view of the himalayas. We will camp near the lake for the night and will catch the sunrise next morning.
Day 2 Prashar Lake to Mandi
Wake up early in the morning to catch the sunrise and for a fresh breath. After catching the sunrise and eating a healthy breakfast, we start back towards Mandi via same trail but the snow make the way down tricky and adventurous. After reaching Mandi, you can start your onward journey back to your homes.
- All accommodation during the trek on sharing basis in tents.
- All meals during the trek – Vegetarian
- Tents, Sleeping bags and all other Camping Gear (Dining Tent, Tiolet Tent etc)
- Safety Equipment (Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinders, Oximeter etc.)
- Services of our expert Trek Leader
- Services of an Expert Trekking Team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping Charges (For Indians Only)
- A Life Changing Experience
- GST and Other Taxes (As applicable, Subjected to change according to Govt. Rules)
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping charges for Foreigner’s (If extra compared for Indian Citizens)
- Backpack Offloading Charges (Portage of Personal Bags)
- Personal Trekking Gear
- Travel Expenses to and fro Mandi from Home city
- Tips for local team
- Expenses of personal nature like Laundry, Phone Calls, Alcohol, Cigarettes, Camera Fee, Bottled Water etc
- Any Requirement for Single Room/Single Tent Accommodation
- Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control
- Anything which is not mentioned in Inclusions
Who is this Trek meant for?
This is an easy trek. Any one can opt for this trek and can go in any season.
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines. For a complete checklist, go to Trekmunk Checklist.