Himachal Pradesh | 2D/1N | 8,900 Ft
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 1 Review4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Large Group
All about the Prashar Lake.
Situated 45 km north of Mandi, frozen in winters and a visual spectacle otherwise; Prashar Lake is a secret well kept in the Himachal district. Perfect for first time trekkers, the lake is located at a height of 8,900ft above sea level. Surrounded by snow- capped mountains, the treks offers a 180 degree view of the Kinnaur, Pir- Panjal, Dhauladar ranges. The lake is fenced with tall Cedar trees and has a small floating island in the middle. The depth of the lake remains unknown while it is considered sacred because masses believe that sage Prashar meditated there, giving the lake its name. That is probably the reason the locals have been spotted saying ‘no man can live there, it is a place for the gods!’.
Day 1 : Mandi to Prashar Lake via Baggi Village (7 kms Trek)
We board a vehicle from Mandi to Baggi Village, it will take around 3 hours to reach the village. After briefing and stretching, we start the short trek of 4km uphill towards the lake which will take about 5-6 hrs. We will cross several meadows on our journey and would reach the famous and snow covered lake. If this is your first trek, you will be awestruck with the amazing panoramic view of the himalayas. We will camp near the lake for the night and will catch the sunrise next morning.
Day 2 : Prashar Lake to Mandi
Wake up early in the morning to catch the sunrise and for a fresh breath. After catching the sunrise and eating a healthy breakfast, we start back towards Mandi via same trail but the snow make the way down tricky and adventurous. After reaching Mandi, you can start your onward journey back to your homes.
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Accommodation and Food in Mandi: Food and stay in Mandi are not included in the package. You can book your hotels or homestays in Mandi, we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from home to Mandi and vice versa is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
Who is this Trek meant for?
This is an easy trek. Any one can opt for this trek and can go in any season.
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines. For a complete checklist, download the checklist from the footer.