Patalsu Peak Trek
Himachal Pradesh | 5D/4N | 13,500 Ft.
April – May and September – October
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 1 Review4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
All about the Patalsu Peak Trek.
Patalsu peak is one of the most famous peak in Manali valley which even beginners can attempt. The trek starts from the famous Solang Valley. The level of trek is moderate as it involves a steep ascend from Solang valley. However its worth because of the mesmerising views one gets from the top.
Day 1 : Reporting and Acclimatization
All the participants will report at Rumsu base camp by 8 AM. Freshening up and breakfast will happen at the base camp. Post breakfast all the participants will undergo registration process. Lunch at 1 PM. Post lunch adventure activity (Rappelling/Rock Climbing). Once the activity gets over, we will go for an acclimatization walk. Evening snacks at 5 PM. Post snacks orientation for the trek will be covered. Orientation will cover all the general instructions that could be helpful for the trek like back packing, marching technique and medical awareness. Overnight stay at Rumsu base camp.
Day 2 : Drive to Solang Valley.
We will start the day with a jeep ride to Solang Valley(35 kms). Post lunch acclimatization walk to Anjani Mahadev(Duration 2 hours). For rest of the day partcipants can explore Solang Valley. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 3 : Solang to Shagadugh
We will start the trek from Solang to Shagadugh. The trek has a moderate ascend and goes through some dense forest of Pine and Oak trees. The dense forest then leads to an open large meadow which is known as Shagadugh. Overnight stay in tents at Shagadugh.
Day 4 : Trek to Patalsu
We will start the day early from Shagadugh for Patalsu peak. The trek has a steep ascend for the peak. The panoramic views of the Shitidhar, Friendship and Manali peaks from the peak is quite mesmerizing. We will then start our descend to Shagadugh camp. Overnight stay in tents at Shagadugh.
Day 5 : Descend to Solang Valley
Post breakfast we will start the descend for Solang Valley from Shagadugh camp. Jeep ride from Solang valley to Manali. Departure from Manali by 5 PM.
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Accommodation and Food in Manali: Food and stay in Manali are not included in the package. You can book your hotels or homestays in Manali, we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation to and fro Rumsu from home city is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
Who is this Trek meant for?
This trek is easy to moderate depending on the weather conditions. Beginners can give this trek a try.
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines. For a complete list, download the checklist from the footer.