Talle Valley Trek
Arunachal Pradesh | 6D/5N | 9,000 Ft.
October – April
(Above mentioned cost is for 8 or more people)
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Talle Valley is a beautiful mountain valley in Ziro, Arunachal Pradesh, fondly known as the land of ancient tribes. This easy to moderate level trek spans six days. Besides some of the most breathtaking forest trails that wind through dense forests, mountains, and rivers, the trek brings you a beautiful medley of culture and traditions exclusive to the land of Arunachal. The trail snakes through the Talle Valley Wildlife Sanctuary that stretches over 330 sq.m. and is replete with vibrant floral species and vegetation. Trek along rare and beautiful white bamboo trees under a canopy of pine and fir. Talle Valley trail is a paradise for every nature lover, with its widespread beauty, and abundance of floral and avian species it houses. The most compelling part of the trek is trudging through the iconic rainforests of Arunachal Pradesh, while verdant mountains and hills watch guard over you. It is one of the most beautiful winter treks in India and is known by few.
Max. Altitude – 2,745 m
Duration – 6 days
Level – Easy to moderate
1. The trek grants you a rare opportunity to explore the ancient tribal areas of Ziro Valley.
2. Trekking through the Talle Valley Wildlife Sanctuary, several exotic floral species greet you. (We’re talking to you, botany enthusiasts.)
3. Talle Valley is a visual treat of bird watchers, with flocks of resident and migratory avian species that thrive here!
4. For nature lovers seeking respite in untouched nooks of Arunachal, Talle Valley is one of your best bets.
- All accommodation during the trek on sharing basis in tents/homestays
- All meals during the trek – Vegetarian
- Safety Equipment
- Services of an Expert Trekking Team
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping Charges
- A Life Changing Experience
- GST and Other Taxes (As applicable, Subjected to change according to Govt. Rules)
- Backpack Offloading Charges
- Personal Trekking Gear
- Travel Expenses to and fro Ziro from home city
- Tips for local team
- Expenses of personal nature like Laundry, Phone Calls, Alcohol, Cigarettes, Camera Fee, Bottled Water etc
- Any Requirement for Single Room/Single Tent Accommodation
- Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control
- Anything which is not mentioned in Inclusions
- Day 1 Drive to Ziro
Nestled in the Lower Subansiri district of Arunachal Pradesh, Ziro is widely applauded for its lush green fields and is well on it’s way to becoming one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. While preserving its beautiful rustic charm, the town has enough facilities and amenities. We reach Ziro by 06:00 pm, and stay overnight.
Time Taken: 5 – 6 hrs drive
- Day 2 Trek from Mani Polyang to Pange Valley
We commence the trek after a sumptuous breakfast. The trail unfolds along the Pange river and is spread over a flat path for the most part. We enter the pristine rainforests of Ziro, and walk past tall bamboo trees for nearly 4 hours. Soon, the trail opens up to the PWD guest house, which means our campsite is not far. We camp at Pange valley for the night.
Altitude: 1,890 m
Distance: 9 km
Time Taken: 5 hrs
- Day 3 Trek from Pange Valley to Talle Valley
The day is long and considerably tiring as we gain a good amount of altitude. We begin trekking, keeping the Pange river on our right. An hour into the trail brings us to a steep uphill climb which lasts for over three hours. Enroute, we’re greeted by stunning views of Nimapema of Bhutan. The climb soon enters a beautiful forest of rhododendrons, and dips into bamboo forests leading to the campsite. We camp overnight at Talle Valley, cocooned amidst verdant forests and lofty mountains.
Altitude at different points: 2,468 m via 2,745 m
Distance: 10 km
Time Taken: 7 hrs
- Day 4 Trek from Talle Valley to Pange Valley River Camp
Leaving the Talle Valley campsite behind, we soon begin descending along a gradual incline, which brings us to a beautiful place called Tragopan point, which is graced by a stunning array of wildflowers which bathe the trail in vibrant hues. The diverse flora and fauna of the valley will stun you here. Capture the postcard worthy moments, and begin descending again. We set camp near the Pangey river.
Altitude: 1,600 m
Distance: 10 km
Time Taken: 7 hours
- Day 5 Trek from Pange Valley River Camp to Hong village
This is the final day of our trek. We leave the previous campsite behind, and begin climbing uphill over a gradual trail, which descending for a bit and then ascends yet again right up to Hong village. The day is fairly easy, and once we reach Hong village, the trek comes to a glorious end. For the rest of the day, you can explore around the village, and even meet the Apatani tribe, local to the region. The village exudes major European hillside vibes, and we stay here for the night.
Altitude: 1,975 m
Distance: 7 km
Time Taken: 5 hrs
- Day 6 Drive from Hong village to Ziro; drive back to your home
Your four-wheel drive awaits you at Hong village, and takes you back to Ziro.
Distance: 4 km
Time Taken: 25 mins drive
The gradient of this trek leans towards easy / moderate, making it ideal for beginners embarking on their first adventure. Despite the easy level, the trek demands, like any other trek, that you stay in good physical shape with good stamina. The trek is also perfect for experienced trekkers who wish to explore the untouched corners of Arunachal Pradesh.
While the trek can be done during anytime of the year, we suggest you do it in winters. The months from November to March see cool, pleasant weather, with give you clear views.
The nearest airport to Ziro is Jorhat Airport, located 98 km away. Another option is the Guwahati Airport, seated about 450 km away. Though Jorhat may not be as well connected to the other major cities as Guwahati airport. From either airport, take a shared cab to Ziro.
The nearest railway station to Ziro is Nagaralagun, located 100 km away, and North Lakhimpur about 117 km away. You can also opt for Guwahati Railway station, which is well connected to the major cities of India.
If you’re travelling by road, your best option is to take a train to Guwahati, and then an overnight bus to Ziro.