Sandakphu – Phalut Trek
West Bengal | 7 D/6N | 11,929 ft
January – May and October – December
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 258 Reviews4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
All about the Sandakphu – Phalut Trek.
Undoubtedly the highlight of West Bengal and the gem of the country, Darjeeling is a town that resides in the himalayan foothills. With a backdrop of mt. Kanchenjunga, the highest peak in india towering over the azure sky, Darjeeling is rightly called the queen of hills. Vast tea estates seems like emrald green ribbons spread across the steep mountain ridges. When you aren’t gazing open-mouthed at Kanchenjunga, you can decide to engage in a trek that will leave such an impact on your life that your perspective will change entirely. Sandakphu is one of the most preferred treks India has to offer. Being the highest peak in West- Bengal it provides a panoramic view of 4 of the highest peaks in the world; Everest, Kanchor zonda, lhotse, makalu; the whole cluster of all these 4 together makes the sleeping budha. This trek runs along the India and Nepal border so practically you will be moving in and out of Nepal on several occasions. Also called the trekkers wonderland the night sky here is going to leave you awestruck.
Day 1 Drive from New Jalpaiguri - Jaubhari
Drive from New Jalpaiguri (NJP) to our base camp in Jaubhari. This will be a 4-5 hour drive to our base camp.
Day 2 Trek from Jaubhari to Tumling
We will start our trek from Jaubhari towards Tumling, which will be a 11 kms trek and it usually takes 6-7 hours to complete.
Day 3 Trek from Tumling to Kalipokhri
On this day we will trek from Tumling to Kalipokhri, which will be a 11 kms trek and it usually takes 6-7 hours to complete.
Day 4 Trek from Kalipokhri to Sandakphu
We will be trekking to Sandakphu on this day from Kalipokhri. This trek is a 6 Kms strech and usualy takes 3-4 hours to complete.
Day 5 Trek to Sabargram
From Sandakphu we will trek to Sabargram, this strech of trek will be 14 Kms and usually requires about 6 hours to complete.
Day 6 Trek from Sabargram to Gorkhey via Phalut
We will trek to Gorkhey on this day from Sabargram. This stretch of trek will be 17 Kms and usually takes 5-6 hours to complete. On route will be Phalut.
Day 7 Trek to Sepi and Depart for NJP
On this day we will trek to Sepi, this stretch of trek is about 15 Kms and takes 5-6 hours to complete. Once reaching Sepi, depart to NJP(6 Hours) or Darjeeling(3 hours).
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Accommodation and Food in Bagdogra/New Jalpaiguri: Food and stay in Bagdogra/New Jalpaiguri are not included in the package. You can book your hotels or homestays in Bagdogra/New Jalpaiguri, we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from Bagdogra/New Jalpaiguri to Jaubhari and Sepi to Bagdogra/New Jalpaiguri and travel expenses to and fro Bagdogra/New Jalpaiguri from home city are not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
Who is this meant for?
This trek is considered moderately difficult. If you want to know why people trek, then this is the best trek to go for. This can be your first trek but you have to be fit for it. Mountains want hard work from you so that they can give back peace to you. This trek is good for beginners as well as regular trekkers, this one if for all mountain lovers.
The best season for the trek?
The best time to do this trek is from February to May. There will be a lot of snow in February and March but in the later season, rhododendrons bloom and take your hear away.
Any Phone connections?
Indian mobile networks do not work for most part of Sandakphu/Phalut trek. Vodafone and BSNL are the only mobile networks that work in patches along the way. But who needs network when mountains are calling you.
What this trek gives you?
Sandakphu is a wonderland for trekkers. Being the highest point in West Bengal, offers views of the world’s tallest peaks. This trek is done along the border between India and Nepal. In fact, one constantly moves in and out of Nepal during the trek. Not to forget the sleeping Buddha view. If this is not enough, what else do you want.
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines. For a complete checklist, download the checklist from the footer.
|Package Confirmed Dates||Trip Status Trip Status||Price (PP) Excluding Flights||Price (PP) Including Flights|
October 19, 2019 - October 25, 2019
October 26, 2019 - November 1, 2019
November 9, 2019 - November 15, 2019
November 16, 2019 - November 22, 2019
December 7, 2019 - December 13, 2019
December 14, 2019 - December 20, 2019
December 24, 2019 - December 30, 2019