Sandakphu – Phalut Trek
West Bengal | 7 D/6N | 11,929 ft
- Reviews 2 Reviews5/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Undoubtedly the highlight of West Bengal and the gem of the country, Darjeeling is a town that resides in the himalayan foothills. With a backdrop of mt. Kanchenjunga, the highest peak in india towering over the azure sky, Darjeeling is rightly called the queen of hills. Vast tea estates seems like emrald green ribbons spread across the steep mountain ridges. When you aren’t gazing open-mouthed at Kanchenjunga, you can decide to engage in a trek that will leave such an impact on your life that your perspective will change entirely. Sandakphu is one of the most preferred treks India has to offer. Being the highest peak in West- Bengal it provides a panoramic view of 4 of the highest peaks in the world; Everest, Kanchor zonda, lhotse, makalu; the whole cluster of all these 4 together makes the sleeping budha. This trek runs along the India and Nepal border so practically you will be moving in and out of Nepal on several occasions. Also called the trekkers wonderland the night sky here is going to leave you awestruck.
- Accommodation during the trek
- All meals – Vegetarian
- Trekking Equipment (Tents, Sleeping bags, Ice Axes, Ropes, etc.)
- Safety equipment (Medical kit,Oxygen Cylinders, Stretcher etc.)
- Services of our expert Trek Leaders
- Services of an Expert Trekking Team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping Charges
- A Life Changing Experience
- Itne Paise me Itna-ich Milega
- Service Taxes
- Backpack offloading charges
- Transportation to Base of the Trek
- Your Personal Expenses
- Any Requirement for Single Room/Single Tent Accommodation.
- Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
Offloading Policy: The essence of trekking is incomplete without a backpack on your shoulders. Out of all the worldly weights you can ever carry on your shoulders, the weight of a backpack will be the only one which makes you feel lighter. All that said, if because of some reason, you cannot carry your backpack, we got your back. You can choose to offload you bag. Offloading for half the trek is not an option. The charges for the same varies with every trek.
- Day 1 Drive from New Jalpaiguri - Jaubhari
We will pick you up at New Jalpaiguri (NJP) and drive you to our base camp in Jaubhari. This will be a 4-5 hour drive to our base camp.
- Day 2 Trek from Jaubhari to Tumling
We will start our trek from Jaubhari towards Tumling, which will be a 11 kms trek and it usually takes 6-7 hours to complete.
- Day 3 Trek from Tumling to Kalipokhri
On this day we will trek from Tumling to Kalipokhri, which will be a 11 kms trek and it usually takes 6-7 hours to complete.
- Day 4 Trek from Kalipokhri to Sandakphu
We will be trekking to Sandakphu on this day from Kalipokhri. This trek is a 6 Kms strech and usualy takes 3-4 hours to complete.
- Day 5 Trek to Sabargram
From Sandakphu we will trek to Sabargram, this strech of trek will be 14 Kms and usually requires about 6 hours to complete.
- Day 6 Trek from Sabargram to Gorkhey via Phalut
We will trek to Gorkhey on this day from Sabargram. This stretch of trek will be 17 Kms and usually takes 5-6 hours to complete. On route will be Phalut.
- Day 7 Trek to Sepi and Depart for NJP
On this day we will trek to Sepi, this stretch of trek is about 15 Kms and takes 5-6 hours to complete. Once reaching Sepi, depart to NJP(6 Hours) or Darjeeling(3 hours).
This trek is considered moderately difficult. If you want to know why people trek, then this is the best trek to go for. This can be your first trek but you have to be fit for it. Mountains want hard work from you so that they can give back peace to you. This trek is good for beginners as well as regular trekkers, this one if for all mountain lovers.
The best time to do this trek is from February to May. There will be a lot of snow in February and March but in the later season, rhododendrons bloom and take your hear away.
Indian mobile networks do not work for most part of Sandakphu/Phalut trek. Vodafone and BSNL are the only mobile networks that work in patches along the way. But who needs network when mountains are calling you.
Sandakphu is a wonderland for trekkers. Being the highest point in West Bengal, offers views of the world’s tallest peaks. This trek is done along the border between India and Nepal. In fact, one constantly moves in and out of Nepal during the trek. Not to forget the sleeping Buddha view. If this is not enough, what else do you want.