Deoriatal Chandrashilla Trek
Uttarakhand | 6D/5N | 13,600 Ft.
January – May and October – December
(Above mentioned cost is for 8 or more people)
- Reviews 1 Review5/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Chandrashilla summit is a rock face above and beyond the temple of Tungnath, the highest Shiva temple in the world. The trail is tricky with its abrupt climbs and sudden changes in the terrain. The snow filled hills is majestic and leaves you in awe, the quietness around along with surreal beauty brings everyone to a stand still. The trail is surrounded by an imposing forest of oak, deodar and rhododendron that shadow a rich bed of flowering plants. This under-rated, untouched beauty provides a 360 degree view of some of the most astounding views of the Garhwal Himalayas. This trek is great for people who want to start trekking in the Himalayas. It’s also a visual delight which attracts not only trekkers but also photographers around the world to capture the beauty.
- All accommodation during the trek on sharing basis in tents/homestays
- All meals during the trek – Vegetarian
- Tents, Sleeping bags and all other Camping Gear (Dining Tent, Tiolet Tent etc)
- Safety Equipment (Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinders, Oximeter etc.)
- Services of our expert Trek Leader
- Services of an Expert Trekking Team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping Charges
- A Life Changing Experience
- GST and Other Taxes (As applicable, Subjected to change according to Govt. Rules)
- Food during transit from Dehradun to Sari and vice versa
- Backpack Offloading Charges
- Personal Trekking Gear
- Travel Expenses to and fro Dehradun from home city
- Travel Expenses from Dehradun to Sari and Chopta to Dehradun
- Tips for local team
- Expenses of personal nature like Laundry, Phone Calls, Alcohol, Cigarettes, Camera Fee, Bottled Water etc
- Any Requirement for Single Room/Single Tent Accommodation
- Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control
- Anything which is not mentioned in Inclusions
- Day 1 Drive Haridwar-Sari (7 hours)
On the way to sari from Haridwar you can cherish Rishikesh and Devprayag enroute, if you have the time. Your drive to the trek destination will take around seven to eight hours including a comfortably timed break for breakfast and lunch.
- Day 2 Trek to Deoriatal (3kms)
After having breakfast, the amazing trek will begin and will be around 3kms long. You can have a small sightseeing tour around the campsite if you wish. Once you start your trek, you can see the reflection of amazing surroundings in the crystal clear lake. Therefore it is often called as ‘two worlds at one place’. Your trek to Deoriatal will be lined by the holy rivers Ganga and Alaknanda.
- Day 3 Deoriatal to RohiniBugyal (8 km, 5-6 hours trek)
We will be trekking to Rohini Bugyal on the third day. This trek is about 8 Kms and takes approximately 5-6 hours. Some local birds and deer might be seen during this trek along with majestic ice capped mountains. Overnight stay will be at Rohini Bugyal.
- Day 4 RohiniBugyal to Chopta ( 7 km, 5-6 hours trek)
We will trek from Rohini Bugyal to Chopta on this day. This trek will be 7 Kms and usually takes 5-6 hours. Enjoy the mountain vegetation and trees en route. Overnight stay will be at Chopta.
- Day 5 Trek Chopta-Tungnath (3680m), Chandrashilla Top (4130m) and back to Chopta (7-8 hours)
On this day we will be trekking to Tungnath from Chopta. You will be seeing Tungnath Temple here. from Tungnath we will trek towards Chanrashila Top and then back to Chopta base camp. This trek takes about 7-8 hours.
- Day 6 Chopta to Haridwar (Drive 7 hours)
After breakfast all you’ve to do is drive to Haridwar. You will reach Haridwar by evening.
This is an easy to moderate trek like Kedarkantha. Beginnerss with basic physical fitness can try this trek.
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines.
For a complete checklist, go to Trekmunk Checklist.