Annapurna Circuit Trek
Nepal | 16D/15N | 17,770 Ft
May – June and September – October
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 3654.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Ultimate
- Group Size Medium Group
This horse- shoe shaped trek is also regarded as the holy grail of trekking since it was discovered. The Annapurna Circuit has often been voted as the best long distance trek in the world. The approximately 200 km long trail takes you through green pastures, leafy pine forests, arid landscapes, rhododendron forests, isolated hamlets and reaches the zenith at Thorong-la pass (17,770 ft). The spectacular, larger than life route circles around Nepal’s high Annapurna range unfurling four of the world’s 10 highest summits. The trail is very diverse in its terrain, starting from a verdant forest that will shock you even if you are forewarned of its beauty to the white steep mountains without a patch of green as far as eyes could see. This trek is like a roller-coaster that only goes up and provides you with views so pleasing; no matter what position your body is in, your soul will be on its knees.
So, leave behind your corporate garbs, sleep amidst the stars, drink water from azure rivers and breathe fresh mountain air. Come trek with us. Discover that you are more than your corner office aspirations, see how the mountain people have such simple lives, know that after all you can climb that peak.
Annapurna trek is among the highest trek available in the world, the Annapurna peak is about 8,091 m or 26, 545 ft, easily among one of the top peaks in the world. The highest point of trek is at Thorung Pass at about 5,416 m or 17,769 ft. Due to the high altitudes involved during the trek, we have rest days to let you acclimate to the high altitude environment and avoid related sickness.
Annapurna Circuit Itinerary
Day 1 : Arrive in Kathmandu
Arrive in Kathmandu. Rest for the remaining day and explore Kathmandu.
Day 2 : Besi Sahar to Jagat
On this day we will travel to Besi Sahar. From Besi Sahar we will
go for a short trek to Jagat. On the way you will be treated with the
beautiful views of various hot springs.
Day 3 : Jagat to Bagarchhap
This day marks the beginning of the strenuous 11 day trek into
the highest mountains on Earth. We will trek up to Bagarchhap on this
day and will camp there for the night. On the way you can enjoy the
serene beauty of the rural village and the people, waterfalls,
glaciers, alpine pastures and much more. The trek to Bagarchhap is
approx 17 Kms and takes about 5-6 hours.
Day 4 : Bargarchhap to Chame (2,670 m, 8,760 ft)
On this day we will trek from Bagarchhap to Chame. The total
trekking distance on this trail is 21 Kms and takes about 6-7
Day 5 : Chame to Pisang (3,300 m, 10,827 ft)
On this day we will trek from Chame to Pisang. The trail on this
day is 16 Kms and takes about 7-8 hours to complete it.
Day 6 : Pisang to Manang (3,540 m, 11,614 ft)
This trail of the trek is 12 Kms and takes baout 6-7 hours to be completed.
Day 7 : Manang
This will be a rest day at Manang. We will explore the nearby
hills and area, and return back to Manang for the night.
Day 8 : Manang to Yakkharka (4,018 m, 13,182 ft)
This day’s trail will be approx about 9 Kms and takes 5-6 hours to
Day 9 : Yakkharka to Thorong Phedi (4,450 m, 14,600 ft)
On this day we will trek from Yakkharka to Phedi, the trail for
this day’s trek being 5 Kms and the usual time to complete this being 3-4 hours.
Day 10 : Phedi to Muktinath (3,800 m, 12,467 ft)
On this day we trek to Muktinath from Phedi. The trail is 13 Kms,
however it’s a tough uphill trek and requires about 8-9 hours to be
Day 11 : Muktinath
This will be a rest day and you can explore the area around the
Muktinath. It will help you acclimate to the higher altitude.
Day 12 : Muktinath to Kalopani (2,530 m, 8,301 ft)
We will drive on this day from Muktinath to Kalopani on local bus.
The journey is approx 65 kms and takes around 3-4 Kms to reach
Kalopani. Explore Kalopani and rest for the night.
Day 13 : Kalopani to Ghorepani
On this day we will ride from Kalopani to Ghorepani. To avoid the dusty and crowded roads, we do not trek, we take the bus or cab to reach Pokhara which will take around 8 hrs. Rest in Pokhara.
Day 14 : Ghorepani to Pokhara
On this day we will first trek from Ghorepani to Poon Hill where
you can enjoy some of the best vistas Nepal offers. This leg of the
trek is about 2 Kms and takes 1-2 hours. from Poon Hill we will
trek to Nayapul, this leg of the trek is 14 kms and usually takes 8-9
hours. From Nayapul we will drive to Pokhara in private vehicle. This
drive takes about one and half hours. We will rest at Pokhara.
Day 15 : Pokhara to Kathmandu
On this day we will drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu. The drive
usually takes about 7-8 hours. We will reach Kathmandu by evening,
where you can rest and enjoy shopping.
Day 16 : Depart from Kathmandu
You are free to leave Kathmandu or do otherwise according to your plans.
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Accommodation and Food in Kathmandu: Food and stay in Kathmandu are not included in the package. You can book your hotels or homestays in Kathmandu, we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from home to Kathmandu and vice versa is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
Who is this trek meant for?
This trek is a long trek but very beautiful. The longs walks and the altitude is tough. This trek is for regular trekkers who wants to do trekking with a change. As there is no camping in this trek, you stay in home stays and get hot water to take shower too. You do village hoping in this trek. This is a trek cum picnic but a must do.
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines.