Mentok Kangri (6250m) Expedition
Ladakh, J & K | 14D/13N | 20,834 Ft.
June to October
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure up to 12 people)
- Reviews 288 Reviews4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Ultimate
- Group Size Small Group
All about the Mentok Kangri (6250m) Expedition.
A striking Himalayan massif tucked away in the beautiful Rupshu Valley of Ladakh, Mentok Kangri is an enticing challenge for adventurers. Standing tall at 6,250 meters, it offers unmatched views of the Changthang peaks, reflected in the turquoise waters of Tsomoriri Lake. The dreamy landscape of Ladakh, exotic wildlife species and the unbeatable views of the lofty neighbours weave the Mentok Kangri trek! It dips into the expansive beauty of Khardung La, Kyamar, Tisaling, Nuruchan and Rumptse.
Though the trek is quite a challenge, the high of climbing a six thousander overshadows all fear and fatigue. The trail winds through beautiful rustic Ladakhi villages, alpine meadows, loose moraines, narrows ridges, and cavernous valleys. The reward of this challenging trek is the view from the top. Expansive Himalayan ranges, including Kang Yatse, Chamsher and Lungsher peaks, Markha Valley, and the Tibetan plateau greet you with an embracing sprawl!
Max Altitude: 6,250 m
Duration: 14 days
- The trek brings an unmatched vantage point to the beautiful Tsomoriri Lake that it overlooks.
- Revel in the thrill of climbing a six thousander!
- Spot elusive wildlife species like the Tibetan Gazelle, Snow Leopard, Tibetan Wolf, Mountain Goat, Blue Sheep, Black Necked Cranes, to name a few.
Day 1 Arrive at Leh
Elevation: 3,600 m
Day 2 Rest and acclimatise in and around Leh
Day 3 Drive to Rumtse and trek to Kyamar
Elevation: 4,420 m
Time: 4 hours
Day 4 Trek from Kyamar to Tisaling via Kyamar La
Elevation: 4,850 m
Day 5 Trek from Tisaling to Pangunago via Shibukla
Elevation: 4,800 m
Day 6 Trek from Pangunagu to Nuruchan
Elevation: 4,630 m
Time: 5 hours
Day 7 Trek from Nuruchan to Rajungkaru
Time: 4-5 hours
Day 8 Trek from Rajungkaru to Gayambarma via Kyamayuri La
Elevation: 5,300 m
Time: 5 hours
Day 9 Trek from Gyamabarma to Korzok via Yalung Nyau La
Elevation: 5,400 m
Time: 6-7 hours
Day 10 Trek from Korzok to Mentok Kangri Base Camp
Elevation: 5,400 m
Time: 6 hours
Day 11 and Day 12 Summit Day
Elevation: 6250 m
Day 13 Trek from Base Camp to Korzok
Day 14 Drive from Korzok to Leh
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Food in Leh: Food in Leh are not included in the package. we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from home to Leh and vice versa is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
Whom is the trek for?
The level of this trek leans towards difficult, which naturally demands exceptional physical fitness, stamina and endurance. It is strongly advisable to have prior trekking experience of scaling at least 3,500 meters before you approach this trek, which means beginners should ideally stay away. Also, proper acclimatization is key here, which helps you better adjust to the high altitude and lower oxygen levels during the trek.
How to reach Leh?
By Air You can take a direct flight to Leh from Delhi, Mumbai and Srinagar. Take a cab to the base camp from Leh Airport. By Road You can reach Leh by road either from Srinagar or from Manali, although the Srinagar route is widely preferred over the Manali route. By Rail Jammu Tawi is the nearest railways station to Leh and is well connected to most major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, and Chennai.
What is the best season for the trek?
The mid July to October is the ideal season for the trek, as the snow will have considerably cleared up, leaving a fresh trail that opens to stunning, clear views! Winter season in Ladakh is extremely harsh, which is why one should avoid it entirely.
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines. For a complete checklist, download the checklist from the footer.
|Trek Package Confirmed Dates||Trek Status Availabilty||Price (Per Person) Excluding Flights||Price (Per Person) Including Flights|
August 20, 2019 - September 2, 2019