Lamayuru to Padum Trek
Ladakh | 15D/14N | 16,404 Ft.
Mid – June to Mid – October
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 301 Reviews4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Difficult
- Group Size Small Group
All about the Lamayuru to Padum Trek.
The trek from Lamayuru to Padum is housed in the beautiful kingdom of Zanskar, a trekker’s delight. The trail of our trek dips into some of the remotest areas, cradled by the Himalayas and the Indus Valley. Along with unmatched beauty, the trek promises you 14 days of uninterrupted bliss and tranquility in the laps of nature. Though the trail is an isolated one, you can feel the ancient cultures and traditions reflected in the handful of Zanskari villages, monasteries, and gompas that we pass. In fact, the trail from Lamayuru begins from the sacred Lamayuru Monastery, and snakes through beautiful forests and alpine meadows, along with the classic fields of barley and potato that these villages are known for. The entire experience of the trek seems otherworldly, and promises to linger with you for life!
Max. Altitude – 5,000 meters
Duration – 14 days
Level – Moderate to challenging
1. The route from Lamayuru to Padum is one that is least trodden upon, making it ideal for those seeking respite and solitude.
2. The isolated tracks of the trek wind through some of the most beautiful Buddhist monasteries, gompas, and Ladakhi villages. It exposes you to the fascinating nuances of their culture.
Day 1 : Arrival at Leh
Day 2 : Drive from Leh to Lamayuru
Distance: 115 km
Time Taken: 4 hrs drive
Day 3 : Trek from Lamayuru to Wanla via Prinkti La
Altitude at Pass: 3,750 m
Altitude at Campsite: 3,250 m
Distance: 4 km
Time Taken: 3 – 4 hrs
Day 4 : Trek from Wanla to Hanupatta
Altitude: 3,760 m
Time Taken: 5 hrs
Day 5 : Trek from Hanupatta to Photoskar via SirSir La
Altitude at Pass: 4,800 m
Altitude at Campsite: 3,750 m
Time Taken: 7 hrs
Day 6 : Trek from Photoskar to Foot of Sengge La
Altitude: 5,000 m
Time Taken: 7 hrs
Day 7 : Trek from Foot of Sengge La to Lingshed via Kiupa La
Altitude: 3,850 m
Time Taken: 6 hrs
Day 8 : Rest & acclimatise at Lingshed
Day 9 : Trek from Lingshed to Snertse via Hanuma La Pass
Altitude: 4,700 m
Time: 6 hrs
Day 10 : Trek from Snertse to Hanumil via Parfi La
Altitude: 3,900 m
Time Taken: 6 hrs
Day 11 : Trek from Hanumil to Pishu
Time Taken: 5 hrs
Day 12 : Trek from Pishu to Karsha
Time Taken: 5 hrs
Day 13 : Trek from Karsha to Padum
Time Taken: 4 hrs
Day 14 : Drive to Kargil
Day 15 : Drive from Kargil to Leh
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Accommodation and Food in Leh: Food and stay in Leh are not included in the package. You can book your hotels or homestays in Leh, we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from home to Leh and vice versa is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
Questions about the Trek
Whom is the trek for?
The level of this trek leans towards difficult, which naturally demands commendable physical fitness, stamina, and cardiovascular endurance. It is strongly advisable to have prior trekking experience of scaling at least 3,500 meters before you approach this trek, which means beginners should stay away. Also, proper acclimatization is key here, which helps you better adjust to the high altitude and lower oxygen levels during the trek.
Which is the best season to attempt this trek?
Mid-June to mid-October is the ideal season for the trek, as the expansive greenery is at its peak, and the extremities of winters are eliminated. You might want to avoid trekking during the monsoons though.
How to reach Leh?
By Air You can take a direct flight to Leh from Delhi, Mumbai, and Srinagar. Take a cab to the base camp from Leh Airport. By Road You can reach Leh by road either from Srinagar or from Manali, although the Srinagar route is widely preferred over the Manali route.
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a day pack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines.For a complete list, download the checklist from the footer.