Kuari Pass Trek
Uttarakhand | 6 D/5N | 12,763 Ft.
- Reviews 2 Reviews5/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Kuari-pass is a trek which is in some different league all together. The trek which lies south of the tibetan border begins from Joshimath, in the chamoli district of himalayas; which has evolved into a hub for trekkers and pilgrims in this part of himalayas. Kuari means ‘doorway’ and we suggest it to be a doorway into your inner-self. As you reach higher, the himalayas are arrayed before you in a stupendous arc and the play of light from the trees is a visual delight. Looking so closely at the sky high mountains is almost religious. Walk through the jungles of oak and deodar to get the closest view of mt. Nanda Devi.
- Accommodation during the trek
- All meals – Vegetarian
- Trekking Equipment (Tents, Sleeping bags, Ice Axes, Ropes, etc.)
- Safety equipment (Medical kit,Oxygen Cylinders, Stretcher etc.)
- Services of our expert Trek Leaders
- Services of an Expert Trekking Team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping Charges
- A Life Changing Experience
- Itne Paise me Itna-ich Milega
- Service Taxes
- Backpack offloading charges
- Transportation to Base of the Trek
- Your Personal Expenses
- Any Requirement for Single Room/Single Tent Accommodation.
- Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
Offloading Policy: The essence of trekking is incomplete without a backpack on your shoulders. Out of all the worldly weights you can ever carry on your shoulders, the weight of a backpack will be the only one which makes you feel lighter. All that said, if because of some reason, you cannot carry your backpack, we got your back. You can choose to offload you bag. Offloading for half the trek is not an option. The charges for the same varies with every trek.
- Day 1 Drive from Haridwar to Joshimath
We will pick you up at Haridwar and take you to Joshimath. The journey will be a 260 Kms journey and will take approximately 10 hours. Once we reach Joshimath, we will take rest and stay overnight.
- Day 2 Trel to from Joshimath to Chitrakhana
We will start this day by driving up to Dhak Village after having our breakfast. We will start our trek from Dhak Village to Chitrakhana through a hemlock, oak and rhododendron forest. Once we reach the camp site we will stay overnight.
- Day 3 Trekl to Tali Top
We will be trekking to the Tali Top after having breakfast. It is a 6 Kms trek through some green vegetation and really beautiful serene beauty of the hills, via Tapovan. We will camp at the meadows at the Tali Top.
- Day 4 Trek to Kuari Pass and back
On this day we will trek to Kuari pass via Khullara. We will first reach the top of Khullara with some ascending trek. From here we will be going through some snow covered patches to reach Kuari Pass. On the top of the Kuari Pass you can enjoy the view of Himalayan peaks including Nanda Devi. After this we will return back to our Tali base camp.
- Day 5 Reach Joshimath
After having breakfast we will trek down to the road and drive to Joshimath. On route will be Auli, which is famous for skiing enthusiasts. The ski resort is run by Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam (GMVN) and offers 7 days and 14 days skiing courses. However, to ski here, trekkers will have to do it on their own as it is not included in the package.
- Day 6 Drive to Haridwar
This will be the last day of the trek on which we will drive you from Joshimath to Haridwar. If we can reach on time, you can enjoy the evening Ganga Arti at Har ki Pauri. Plan your onward journey accordingly.
This is an easy to moderate trekkers in summers and moderate to difficult in winters because of snow. Beginners can give this trek a try.