Kuari Pass Trek
Uttarakhand | 6 D/5N | 12,763 Ft.
November to March
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 258 Reviews4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
All about the Kuari Pass Trek.
Kuari-pass is a trek which is in some different league all together. The trek which lies south of the tibetan border begins from Joshimath, in the chamoli district of himalayas; which has evolved into a hub for trekkers and pilgrims in this part of himalayas. Kuari means ‘doorway’ and we suggest it to be a doorway into your inner-self. As you reach higher, the himalayas are arrayed before you in a stupendous arc and the play of light from the trees is a visual delight. Looking so closely at the sky high mountains is almost religious. Walk through the jungles of oak and deodar to get the closest view of mt. Nanda Devi.
Day 1 Drive from Haridwar to Joshimath
We will pick you up at Haridwar and take you to Joshimath. The journey will be a 260 Kms journey and will take approximately 10 hours. Once we reach Joshimath, we will take rest and stay overnight.
Day 2 Trek to from Joshimath to Chitrakhana
We will start this day by driving up to Dhak Village after having our breakfast. We will start our trek from Dhak Village to Chitrakhana through a hemlock, oak and rhododendron forest. Once we reach the camp site we will stay overnight.
Day 3 Trekl to Tali Top
We will be trekking to the Tali Top after having breakfast. It is a 6 Kms trek through some green vegetation and really beautiful serene beauty of the hills, via Tapovan. We will camp at the meadows at the Tali Top.
Day 4 Trek to Kuari Pass and back
On this day we will trek to Kuari pass via Khullara. We will first reach the top of Khullara with some ascending trek. From here we will be going through some snow covered patches to reach Kuari Pass. On the top of the Kuari Pass you can enjoy the view of Himalayan peaks including Nanda Devi. After this we will return back to our Tali base camp.
Day 5 Reach Joshimath
After having breakfast we will trek down to the road and drive to Joshimath. On route will be Auli, which is famous for skiing enthusiasts. The ski resort is run by Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam (GMVN) and offers 7 days and 14 days skiing courses. However, to ski here, trekkers will have to do it on their own as it is not included in the package.
Day 6 Drive to Haridwar
This will be the last day of the trek on which we will drive you from Joshimath to Haridwar. If we can reach on time, you can enjoy the evening Ganga Arti at Har ki Pauri. Plan your onward journey accordingly.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Accommodation and Food in Dehradun: Food and stay in Dehradun are not included in the package. You can book your hotels or homestays in Dehradun, we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from Dehradun to Joshimath and vice versa is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
Who is this Trek meant for?
This is an easy to moderate trekkers in summers and moderate to difficult in winters because of snow. Beginners can give this trek a try.
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines. For a complete checklist, download the checklist from the footer.