Uttrakhand | 6D/5N | 12,500 Ft.
- Reviews 5 Reviews5/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Large Group
Trails lined up with rhododendron and fringed with pine trees, vast meadows with myriad butterflies and snow capped mountains all around, Kedarkantha Trek is one of the most sought after winter trek in the country. This trek originates from Sankri, a small little village nestled deep inside the Garhwal himalayas. The drive from dehradun till sankri offers one of the most beautiful drives in the region of uttrakhand, so don’t doze off in the car specially towards the end. The distance for the trek in not much and the terrain is not so challenging which makes this trek just the right one for first time trekkers. The campsites here range from camping near a frozen pond to verdant meadows and are guaranteed to leave you awestruck. And mate we assure you, when you climb that summit; nothing’s ever going to look the same.
- Accommodation during the trek
- All meals – Vegetarian
- Trekking Equipment (Tents, Sleeping bags, Ice Axes, Ropes, etc.)
- Safety equipment (Medical kit,Oxygen Cylinders, Stretcher etc.)
- Services of our expert Trek Leaders
- Services of an Expert Trekking Team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping Charges
- A Life Changing Experience
- Itne Paise me Itna-ich Milega
- Service Taxes
- Backpack offloading charges
- Transportation to Base of the Trek
- Your Personal Expenses
- Any Requirement for Single Room/Single Tent Accommodation.
- Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
Offloading Policy: The essence of trekking is incomplete without a backpack on your shoulders. Out of all the worldly weights you can ever carry on your shoulders, the weight of a backpack will be the only one which makes you feel lighter. All that said, if because of some reason, you cannot carry your backpack, we got your back. You can choose to offload you bag. Offloading for half the trek is not an option. The charges for the same varies with every trek.
- Day 1 Reach the base camp : Sankri
Reach Sankri by evening from Dehradun. Stay at lodge/home-stay.
- Day 2 Sankri to Juda Ka Talab – 4 km, 3.5 -4.5 hours
The trail passes through dense pine forests, maple trees, few streams and finally opens out to beautiful meadows.
- Day 3 Juda-ka-Talab to Kedarkantha Base – 4 km; 2.5 hours
Most of today’s trail is on a ridge, under oak trees. You will also pass through some meadows where you can spot shepherd log huts.
- Day 4 Kedarkantha base to Kedarkantha Summit and descend to Hargaon – 6 km, 6-7 hours
Spend some time at the summit and descend back to the base camp by noon for lunch. Post lunch, descend down to Hargaon.
- Day 5 Hargaon to Sankri – 6 km, 4 hours
Descend 2500 feet through dense pine forests. Stay in sankri for the night.
- Day 6 Depart from Sankri to Dehradun
You’ll reach Dehradun between 6 pm and 7 pm. You can book your travel any time after 8 pm.
Kedarkantha is an easy trek, a beginners trek. This is the trek you can start with. Have the feel and never stop.
This trek has two seasons, December – January and March – April. If you want to do a snow trek, then book your trek in start of January or March.
This trek starts from Sankri in Uttarakhanad. Phone network always have issues in the base camp also. You won’t be getting good network during whole trek but don lose hope, reach the summit and you can enjoy Airtle 3G.
It gives you the feel of the Himalayas, snow, trekking, camping, pine forest, and the achievement of reaching the summit. And the gigantic view of the whole Dhauldhar range, will take you away. You will have nightmares for nights once you go back from the trek but only beautiful ones. Don’t miss it.
|Package Confirmed Dates||Trip Status Trip Status||Price (PP) Excluding Flights||Price (PP) Including Flights|
November 3, 2018 - November 8, 2018
December 22, 2018 - December 27, 2018
December 29, 2018 - January 3, 2019