Kashmir Great Lakes Trek
Jammu and Kashmir | 8 D/7N | 13,800 Ft.
July to September
(Above mentioned cost is for 8 or more people)
- Reviews 3 Reviews5/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Kashmir, paradise on earth, because of its serene pristine beauty is cradled in the lap of ravishing Himalayas. Get enchanted with Kashmir, a celestial land nothing short of a fairy tale. A surreal destination, there are many natural gems tucked away here. One of the those gems is the Kashmir great lakes trek. Perfect for a monsoon trek it is a feast for the eyes. This trek is like an orchestra building up momentum with surprises in scenery very frequently. With its landscape and serene beauty this treks offers a beauty to capture every step of the way. The trek is full of extensive mountain walking with some steep climbs and sharp descends. This trek is not only for the pleasure of the adventure seekers but also an ideal expedition for the nature lovers and photographers too who finds it a privilege to enjoy and capture the undisturbed beauties of nature. This trek is guaranteed to leave you awestruck as it simply unwraps the mesmerizing beauty of the region filled with sparkling high altitude lakes surrounded by alpine meadows and decorated with amazing colorful orchids by nature herself. Rocky terrains, alpine and snow clad mountains with gurgling streams, green meadows, silver birch and other untouched beauties of Mother Earth make for a varied and complete trekking experience.
The trek is full of extensive mountain walking with some steep climbs and sharp descends. Honestly, this particular trekking trip is not only a pleasure for the adventure seekers but it is an ideal expedition for the nature lovers too who finds it a privilege to bask in the undisturbed beauties of nature.
- All accommodation during the trek on sharing basis in tents/homestays
- All meals during the trek – Vegetarian
- Tents, Sleeping bags and all other Camping Gear (Dining Tent, Tiolet Tent etc)
- Safety Equipment (Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinders, Oximeter etc.)
- Services of our expert Trek Leader
- Services of an Expert Trekking Team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping Charges
- A Life Changing Experience
- GST and Other Taxes (As applicable, Subjected to change according to Govt. Rules)
- Food in Srinagar and During transit to Sonamarg and back
- Any hotel stay in Srinagar or Sonamarg
- Backpack Offloading Charges
- Personal Trekking Gear
- Transportation from Srinagar to Sonamarg and Naranag to Srinagar
- Travel Expenses to and fro Srinagar from home city
- Tips for local team
- Expenses of personal nature like Laundry, Phone Calls, Alcohol, Cigarettes, Camera Fee, Bottled Water etc
- Any Requirement for Single Room/Single Tent Accommodation
- Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control
- Anything which is not mentioned in Inclusions
- Day 1 Getting to base camp - Sonamarg
The starting point of this trek is Sonamarg. Trekkers can reach Sonamarg on their own or can request us to make the arrangements from Srinagar. However, the pickup is not included in the package and you will have to pay for this separately. Alternatively you can reach Sonamarg on your own. This drive usually takes about 4 hours, so we can pick you up in Srinagar at around noon so that you can reach Sonamarg by evening and take good rest during the night for the trek to begin from the next morning.
- Day 2 Sonamarg to Nichnai; 9 km, 6 hours
We will begin the Great Lakes Trek on this day. We will trek to Nichnai (11500 feet) via Shekdur. This trail of the trek is about 9 kms and usually takes 6 hours to complete. We will be taking rest at Shekdur and have our lunch there amidst the beauty of hills covered in trees. Once we reach Nichnai, we will camp for the night.
- Day 3 Nichnai to Vishnusar; 12 km, 6 hours
This trail of trek is about 12 Kms and takes 6 hours to complete. This trail has both ascend and descend. First we will ascend to Nichnai Pass (13000 feet) and descend to reach Vishnusar Lake (12000 feet). We will camp close to the lake for the day.
- Day 4 Explore Vishnusar and Kishansar Lakes
On this day we will explore the twin lakes in the area, i.e., Vishnusar Lake and Kishansar Lake. Both these lakes looks amazing and the color of the water depends on the time of the day you reach there. The reflection of the mountains in the lakes is amazing. These lakes are famous for snouts and fishing is allowed with permits taken in Srinagar.
- Day 5 Vishnusar to Gadsar via Gadsar Pass; 10 km, 5 hours
On this day we will trek to Gadsar via Gadsar Paas. The highest point of this trek (13800 feet) is achieved on this day when we reach the peak. When we go on trail, we will be treated with the beauty of both the lakes visible from the trail for the most part. While descending we will come across two more lakes, Yamsar Lakes and one nameless one. Once we are about to reach Gadsar, we will see another beautiful lake, Gadsar Lake. We will camp at Gadsar for the night. The trail for this day’s trek is 10 kms and usually takes about 5 hours to be completed.
- Day 6 Gadsar to Satsar; 12 km, 6 hours
On this day we will trek to Satsar. The trail for this day’s trek is about 12 kms and takes about 6 hours to be completed. Satsar has a collection of seven lakes and its a beauty. we will stay at Satsar overnight.
- Day 7 Satsar to Gangabal twin lakes; 9 km, 6 hours
On this day we will trek to Gangabal which is famous for its twin lakes, Gangabal and Nadkol. The trail for this day is 9 kms and usually takes 6 hours to complete.
- Day 8 Gangabal to Naranag and drive to Srinagar; 11 km, 6 hours
On the last day of the trek, we will trek up to Naranag, this day’s trek will be 11 kms and the time taken would be around 6 hours. Once in Naranag, you will head back to Srinagar. You shall reach Srinagar by evening. Plan accordingly.
This is a 7 day long trek in Kashmir. Its insanely beautiful. The days are longer so you need to be in a good shape to opt for this trek. This can be opt by anyone with a good physical fitness and an urge to see the beauty of “Heaven on Earth” Kashmir.
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines.
For a complete checklist, go to Trekmunk Checklist.