Upon Booking, An invoice will be sent to your mail & within 12 to 24 hours the booking confirmation with additional details will be sent to your mail.
Note: Following Cancellation policy will be followed for departures booked on or before 31st May 2021-
1) Cancellation up to 7 days before the start date of the trek: Get a complete cash refund (minus 5% transaction fee). The money is refunded to the same bank account, credit, or debit card from where the payment was made.
2) Cancellation during the last 6 days before the start date of the trek, and not counting the day of the trek: Full refund with 100% of the trek fee in the form of a Trekmunk Trek Voucher. Valid for 1 year from the date of issue. Can be used on any Trekmunk trek.
3) Cancellation on the start day of the trek, or no show on the start day of the trek: Unfortunately, no refund.
For more details, go to https://www.trekmunk.com/cancellation-policy
Any refund applicable will be processed within 10 to 15 business days as per the company policy.
Postpone/Transfer of a booked trek:
1. You can postpone your booked trek for a period of two months (61 days) but we will charge a 20% processing fee. The last date for the postponement will be 15 days before the start of the trek. Failing to book the slot in 2 months (61 days) time, would be considered a cancellation with no refund of any kind. Postpone of a booked trek can only be done once.
2. You can transfer your booked slot for the trek to any fit person till 15 days before the trek. You just have to mail us the request and rest we will handle. The new person has to get all the mandatory documents duly signed for the trek.
1. We Trek for a Cause: For overall development of the areas we run our operations in, we donate Rs 100/- per booking from our profits which are used for the upliftment of the local people and conserving nature. We have named this initiative as - Trek for a Cause. For more details, follow: https://www.trekmunk.com/trek-for-a-cause
2. We are paperless: We are focusing on Sustainable Tourism and to do that we are trying all measures to convert our trek operations to be Eco-Friendly. Going Paperless is one step closer to our aim.
3. Single-Use Plastic: Trekmunk does not encourage the use of single-use plastic items. We are ensuring that our team is working together to reduce the problem and educate those around them. We will send you instructions on how to go plastic-free on your adventures.
4. Preparing for your Holiday: Getting some additional exercise makes a lot of sense to spend time before coming on a trekking adventure. The fitter you are, the more enjoyable you will find the experience. Hiking in the hill country is the best training but jogging, squash and swimming are also good for developing cardiovascular fitness and stamina. To read more on how to get fit, follow: https://www.trekmunk.com/get-fit-for-trek
5. Electricity Supply & Plug: You will get electricity supply till the starting point of the trek. If not Indian, We recommend you check if you require an adaptor for your electrical items at: http://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/
6. Currency: The unit of currency in India is the Indian Rupees.
7. Health & Vaccinations:
Severe Allergies: If you have a severe allergy please inform the Trekmunk office before you travel. We will do all we can to help, but we cannot guarantee an allergy-free environment on trekmunk trips. You will need to carry your own treatment for the allergy with you, as 'adrenaline auto-injectors' are not carried as standard by our leaders and staff. You should inform your leader on the arrival of your allergy, and let them know where you keep your adrenaline pen.
Vaccinations: You should contact your doctor or travel clinic to check whether you require any specific vaccinations or other preventive measures. You should be up to date with routine courses and boosters as recommended e.g. diphtheria-tetanus-polio and measles-mumps-rubella, along with hepatitis A and typhoid. Malarial prophylaxis is not usually required for trips in the mountains, however, if you are visiting rural and remote low lying areas then they might be necessary.
8. Passport & Visas/Identity Proofs: If foreigner, Validity for 6 months, should have blank pages, and should be kept with yourself all the time.
9. Water: If you are on a trekking or cycling holiday, water is supplied to fill up your individual bottles. This will be boiled or filtered. Additionally, you should take purification tablets or a filter bottle (such as a LifeStraw, Sawyer Filter) to treat your water when in towns or where water is not supplied. We do not encourage the purchasing of single-use plastic bottles.
10. Altitude: This adventure involves going to a very high altitude. This is not something that you should worry about; the human body is quite capable of adapting to a very wide range of altitudes, but it is important that we follow some simple rules in order to acclimatize successfully. We will send you the information in your mailbox about Acute Mountain Sickness and trekking in high altitudes. On this trip, we carry bottled oxygen for use in emergencies.
11. Guidance on Tipping: Tipping is the accepted way of saying thank you for good service. Normally the guide and any other trek staff are given their tips at the end of the trek and this is best done as a group. The main guide will make sure that the tip is appropriately distributed among all the staff members on the trek.
12. Spending/Emergency Money: Approximately Rs. 8000-10000/- (in Indian Currency)should be carried for miscellaneous expenses including porter and trek crew tips, drinks, soft drinks, etc. We recommend that you carry your travel money in the form of cash as the availability of ATM is less in these remote areas. This can also serve as your emergency spending money.
13. Travel Insurance: It is recommended to have travel insurance for these kinds of adventures. When taking out insurance please ensure the policy you choose covers you for the activities and altitude included in your itinerary. We will ask for the Travel Insurance Details over a mail. Indians can buy insurance from us while booking the trek.