Mount Valehead Expedition
Kashmir | 4D/3N | 15,584 Ft.
August to September
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 3934.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
All about the Mount Valehead Expedition.
Mount Valehead lies in the Tharjwas Mountian Range and is considered one of the doable summits in Kashmir Himalayas. The peak stands at an altitude of 4750 m. The peak was first scaled between 1933 and 1945 by John A Jackson (chief instructor of mountaineering centre at Sonamarg) via Thajwas route which is considered the toughest route to scale this peak. However, a team of Cliffhangers India scaled the peak via its southern route, the first of its kind.
Max. Altitude: 4750 m
No. of Days: 4 Days 3 Nights
Mount Valehead Detailed Itinerary
Day 1 : Drive to Sarbal Village and Trek towards Durinar Meadow
Drive from Srinagar to Sarbal Village. The first day of this expedition starts with the trek towards Durinar Meadow 3550m that rests below the famous Kolahoi Pass. The trek towards Durinar meadow is an ascend that takes around 3 hours to finish. Enjoy the breathtaking view of the mountains that surround Durinar. Relax and stay overnight in the camp.
Day 2 : Trek to Durinar Lake - The base camp for the summit
The second day of the trek has a steep ascend that takes to the Durniar Lake 4171m. It takes around four hours to reach the lake. The base camp here nearby the lake serves as the starting point for the summit of Mount Vale head and other peaks like Mount Innominate and Mount Umbrella.
Day 3 : Summit Day
This day is the summit day. Scale the peak which stands at an altitude of 4750m. Standing at the peak gives the panoramic view of the mountain peaks that surround it.
Day 4 : Descend back to Sarbal Village
This day descend back via the same route to the base camp at Sarbal Village and drive to Srinagar.
Note: The summit day sometimes consumes two days depending upon the weather conditions. If the weather is rough one might have to wait a day to get the clear weather window which is required for the summit. The Expenses for the extra Summit day will be charged extra.
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Transportation to Sarbal Village: Transportation from Srinagar to Sarbal village and vice versa is included in the package. It will be in a Bolero/ Sumo Cab.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Accommodation and Food in Srinagar: Food and stay in Srinagar are not included in the package. You can book your hotels or homestays in Srinagar, we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from home to Srinagar and vice versa is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
FAQs and Reviews
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines.
Trek Dates and Prices
|Trek Package Confirmed Dates||Trek Status Availabilty||Price (Per Person) Excluding Flights||Price (Per Person) Including Flights|
August 1, 2020 - August 4, 2020
August 8, 2020 - August 11, 2020
August 15, 2020 - August 18, 2020
August 22, 2020 - August 25, 2020
August 29, 2020 - September 1, 2020
September 5, 2020 - September 8, 2020
September 12, 2020 - September 15, 2020
September 19, 2020 - September 22, 2020
September 26, 2020 - September 29, 2020