Barafsar Lake Trek – The Highest Lake of Kashmir
Kashmir | 4D/3N | 15,109 Ft.
June to September
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 3934.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
All about the Barafsar Lake Trek – The Highest Lake of Kashmir.
This trek begins from the farthermost alpine village of Kashmir towards the north-east. The town is well-known for guides that take believers to the blessed Amaranth yatra. The trek has three high elevation lakes on its course, one being the highest lake in Kashmir at a staggering altitude of 4605m. On the trail, one encounters two beautiful, vast and lush meadows Kolahoi Pass (most astounding in Sind valley), Thajwas wild life sanctuary, eight technical cliffs and six glacier beds.
Max. Altitude: 4605 m
No. of Days: 4 Days 3 Nights
Barafsar Lake – The Highest Lake of Kashmir Detailed Itinerary
Day 1 : Drive from Srinagar to Sarbal Village; Trek to Durinar Meadow
We drive from Srinagar to Sarbal Village and commence the three-hour trek to Durinar Meadow(3500m). It is encompassed by transcending mountains and streaming ice sheets on opposite sides. Shepherds could be seen encompassing the meadow with their sheep and goats. Overnight stay in camps.
Day 2 : Trek to Durinar Lake
We begin an early morning trek that will take us to Durinar Lake, (4171m) an azure blue lake. We pitch our tents at an area that fills in as summit camp for two awesome high pinnacles, Mount Innominate and Crystal Peak and a trail to Kolahoi Pass (4150m). Overnight stay in camps.
Day 3 : Trek to Barafsar Lake and back
We trek further up to the Nilnag Lake (4270m) and afterward push further 350 meters parallel to Innominate Glacier until we achieve the most elevated Alpine Lake of Kashmir. To the right we will discover Mount Valehead and to the left, the Kazim ridge. We will savor some village snacks there and slip back to Durinar Camp to camp for a night.
Day 4 : Descend back to Sarbal Village and Drive back to Srinagar
On this day, you will trace back the same route to Sarbal village and drive back to Srinagar. You are expected to reach Srinagar by 4 pm. You can book your night flights to fly back home. This marks the end of the trek.
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Transportation to Sarbal Village: Transportation from Srinagar to Sarbal village and vice versa is included in the package. It will be in a Bolero/ Sumo Cab.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Accommodation and Food in Srinagar: Food and stay in Srinagar are not included in the package. You can book your hotels or homestays in Srinagar, we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from home to Srinagar and vice versa is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
FAQs and Reviews
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines. For a complete list, download the checklist from footer.