Barafsar Lake Trek – The Highest Lake of Kashmir
qKashmir | 5D/4N | 15,109 Ft.
June to September
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
This trek begins from the farthermost alpine village of Kashmir towards the north-east. The town is well-known for guides that take believers to the blessed Amaranth yatra. The trek has three high elevation lakes on its course, one being the highest lake in Kashmir at a staggering altitude of 4605m. On the trail, one encounters two beautiful, vast and lush meadows Kolahoi Pass (most astounding in Sind valley), Thajwas wild life sanctuary, eight technical cliffs and six glacier beds.
Max. Altitude: 4605 m
No. of Days: 5 Days 4 Nights
- All accommodation during the trek on sharing basis in tents/homestays
- Transportation from Srinagar to Sarbal Village and Sonamarg to Srinagar
- All meals during the trek – Vegetarian
- Tents, Sleeping bags and all other Camping Gear (Dining Tent, Tiolet Tent etc)
- Safety Equipment (Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinders, Oximeter etc.)
- Services of our expert Trek Leader
- Services of an Expert Trekking Team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping Charges (For Indians Only)
- A Life Changing Experience
- GST and Other Taxes (As applicable, Subjected to change according to Govt. Rules)
- Food in Srinagar and During transit to Sonamarg and back
- Any hotel stay in Srinagar
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping charges for Foreigner’s (If extra compared for Indian Citizens)
- Backpack Offloading Charges (Portage of Personal Bags)
- Personal Trekking Gear
- Travel Expenses to and fro Srinagar from home city
- Tips for local team
- Expenses of personal nature like Laundry, Phone Calls, Alcohol, Cigarettes, Camera Fee, Bottled Water etc
- Any Requirement for Single Room/Single Tent Accommodation
- Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control
- Anything which is not mentioned in Inclusions
Day 1 Drive from Srinagar to Sarbal Village; Trek to Durinar Meadow
We drive from Srinagar to Sarbal Village and commence the three-hour trek to Durinar Meadow(3500m). It is encompassed by transcending mountains and streaming ice sheets on opposite sides. Shepherds could be seen encompassing the meadow with their sheep and goats. Overnight stay in camps.
Day 2 Trek to Durinar Lake
We begin an early morning trek that will take us to Durinar Lake, (4171m) an azure blue lake. We pitch our tents at an area that fills in as summit camp for two awesome high pinnacles, Mount Innominate and Crystal Peak and a trail to Kolahoi Pass (4150m). Overnight stay in camps.
Day 3 Trek to Barafsar Lake and back
We trek further up to the Nilnag Lake (4270m) and afterward push further 350 meters parallel to Innominate Glacier until we achieve the most elevated Alpine Lake of Kashmir. To the right we will discover Mount Valehead and to the left, the Kazim ridge. We will savor some village snacks there and slip back to Durinar Camp to camp for a night.
Day 4 Trek through Bear Valley Pass to Sonamarg
We trek through Bear Valley Pass pursued by the plain hike through Zabnar (4050m). On the way, we will get an interesting sight of glacier Beds of Thajwas and a couple of other magnificent hills. At long last the Golden Meadow will invite us and we will drive to Sonamarg for an overnight stay in a hotel.
Day 5 Drive from Sonamarg to Srinagar
After Breakfast, we will drive from Sonamarg to Srinagar (3 – 4 hrs) which marks the end of the trek. You can book your onward tickets on this day.
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines.
For a complete checklist, go to Trekmunk Checklist.