Harmukh Valley Trek
Kashmir | 5D/4N | 12,140 Ft.
May to June and October to November
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 3584.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
All about the Harmukh Valley Trek.
Harmukh Valley trek is an astonishing high-elevation trail and considered as a most wonderful trek in Kashmir. Harmukh is the 4th highest peak in that valley is set with a picturesque foreground of the magnificent Gangbal lake.
Known as the Eiger of Kashmir, it was from Mount Harmukh that Thomas Montgomery, an incredible trigonometric surveyor, first found K1 and K2 Mountains in 1865. The Gangbal Lake is said to be the Ganges of Shivism.
Max. Altitude: 3700 m
No. of Days: 5 Days 4 Nights
Day 1 : Drive from Srinagar to Base camp. (3 - 4 hrs)
We drive to the Naranag base camp (2270m) and have an acclimatization stroll around the vestiges of an old sanctuary and interact with the village locale. Overnight stay in Naranag.
Day 2 : Trek from Naranag to Trunkhol
A three-hour trek through pine woodlands of Buthshre (3200m) and after that a short enduring walk prompting the acclaimed Trunkhol Meadow (3400m). Trunkhol is a first spot from where the Eastern Face of Mighty Mount Harmukh can be seen: A five thousand feet vertical divider made of Rock and Ice give it the name name ”Eiger”. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 3 : Trek from Trunkhol to Nandansar Lake Camp
We begin trekking towards Kolsar (3700m) Alpine Lake through the intriguing Kolsar Pass and will savor lunch on its immaculate prairie and afterward trek towards another wonderful Alpine Lake (Nandansar Lake 3510m) to camp for a night.
Day 4 : Trek to Gangbal Lake - Biggest Alpine Lake in Kashmir and back
A mellow trek will lead us to the acclaimed Gangbal Lake (3587m) which is the biggest Alpine Lake of Kashmir and the fundamental wellspring of Wangat River. We hike along the length of this lake and get a magnificent sight of the ice sheets of Mount Harmukh and the extraordinary course to its summit. We return to Trunkhol and camp for the night.
Day 5 : Trek to Naranag and Drive to Srinagar
We trek down to Naranag and then drive to Srinagar.
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Transportation from Srinagar to Naranag and back to Srinagar: Cabs will be arranged for the short drive to Naranag and back to Srinagar. The cabs will be Bolers/Sumo.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Accommodation and Food in Srinagar: Food and stay in Srinagar are not included in the package. You can book your hotels or homestays in Srinagar, we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from home to Srinagar and vice versa is not included in the package. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines. For a complete checklist, download the checklist from the footer.
Trek Dates and Prices;
|Trek Package Confirmed Dates||Trek Status Availabilty||Price (Per Person) Excluding Flights||Price (Per Person) Including Flights|
October 16, 2019 - October 20, 2019
October 23, 2019 - October 27, 2019
October 30, 2019 - November 3, 2019
November 6, 2019 - November 10, 2019
November 13, 2019 - November 17, 2019
November 20, 2019 - November 24, 2019
November 27, 2019 - December 1, 2019