Harmukh Valley Trek
Kashmir | 5D/4N | 12,140 Ft.
May to June and October to November
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Harmukh Valley trek is an astonishing high-elevation trail and considered as a most wonderful trek in Kashmir. Harmukh is the 4th highest peak in that valley is set with a picturesque foreground of the magnificent Gangbal lake.
Known as the Eiger of Kashmir, it was from Mount Harmukh that Thomas Montgomery, an incredible trigonometric surveyor, first found K1 and K2 Mountains in 1865. The Gangbal Lake is said to be the Ganges of Shivism.
Max. Altitude: 3700 m
No. of Days: 5 Days 4 Nights
- All accommodation during the trek on sharing basis in tents/homestays
- All meals during the trek – Vegetarian
- Transportation from Srinagar to Naranag and Naranag to Srinagar in return
- Tents, Sleeping bags and all other Camping Gear (Dining Tent, Tiolet Tent etc)
- Safety Equipment (Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinders, Oximeter etc.)
- Services of our expert Trek Leader
- Services of an Expert Trekking Team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping Charges (For Indians Only)
- A Life Changing Experience
- GST and Other Taxes (As applicable, Subjected to change according to Govt. Rules)
- Food in Srinagar and During transit to Sonamarg and back
- Any hotel stay in Srinagar
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping charges for Foreigner’s (If extra compared for Indian Citizens)
- Backpack Offloading Charges (Portage of Personal Bags)
- Personal Trekking Gear
- Travel Expenses to and fro Srinagar from home city
- Tips for local team
- Expenses of personal nature like Laundry, Phone Calls, Alcohol, Cigarettes, Camera Fee, Bottled Water etc
- Any Requirement for Single Room/Single Tent Accommodation
- Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control
- Anything which is not mentioned in Inclusions
Day 1 Drive from Srinagar to Base camp. (3 - 4 hrs)
We drive to the Naranag base camp (2270m) and have an acclimatization stroll around the vestiges of an old sanctuary and interact with the village locale. Overnight stay in Naranag.
Day 2 Trek from Naranag to Trunkhol
A three-hour trek through pine woodlands of Buthshre (3200m) and after that a short enduring walk prompting the acclaimed Trunkhol Meadow (3400m). Trunkhol is a first spot from where the Eastern Face of Mighty Mount Harmukh can be seen: A five thousand feet vertical divider made of Rock and Ice give it the name name ”Eiger”. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 3 Trek from Trunkhol to Nandansar Lake Camp
We begin trekking towards Kolsar (3700m) Alpine Lake through the intriguing Kolsar Pass and will savor lunch on its immaculate prairie and afterward trek towards another wonderful Alpine Lake (Nandansar Lake 3510m) to camp for a night.
Day 4 Trek to Gangbal Lake - Biggest Alpine Lake in Kashmir and back
A mellow trek will lead us to the acclaimed Gangbal Lake (3587m) which is the biggest Alpine Lake of Kashmir and the fundamental wellspring of Wangat River. We hike along the length of this lake and get a magnificent sight of the ice sheets of Mount Harmukh and the extraordinary course to its summit. We return to Trunkhol and camp for the night.
Day 5 Trek to Naranag and Drive to Srinagar
We trek down to Naranag and then drive to Srinagar.
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines.
For a complete checklist, go to Trekmunk Checklist.