- You cannot add "Goechala Trek" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Sikkim | 11D/10N | 16,200 Ft.
April – May and September – November
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 301 Reviews4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Difficult
- Group Size Medium Group
All about the Goechala Trek.
Cant wait to open the cap of your bottled adrenaline rush? Goechala trek is just the perfect trek for all you adventure junkies out there. Providing you with equal doses of challenges and overwhelming views, Goechala is known as one of the preferred destinations amongst the trekkers in India. Test yourself in the arousing spirits of Sikkim, standing on Goecha La at 16,200feet, onlooking the massive Kanchenjunga and eyeing the Goecha lake with its tear shaped structure. The trail takes you through snow capped gigantic Himalayas, verdant Himalayan forest, meandering rivers, fringes of rhododendron trees, beautiful orchards, the list just keeps going on. Enjoy the misty taste of mountain fog when you climb the summit with tears of achievement in your eyes.
Day 1 : Drive from New Jalpaiguri to Yuksom
We will pick you from New Jalpaiguri and drive to Yuksom(5800 feet) in West Sikkim. This will be a 6 hour drive to the base camp. Yuksom also marks the entrance of Kangchenjunga National Park.
Day 2 : Trek from Yuksom to Sachen/Bakhim
Waking up in the morning, start ascending uphill and follow the gorges of the Rathong River. Trekking through the lush thickets of magnolia, rhododendron, and ferns, proceed towards the Paha Khola Bridge. On the way, relish a packed lunch and keep yourself energized for the rest of the trek; be prepared to spot exotic orchids, colorful flowers, and monkeys along the hike!
Overnight stay in Sachen or Bakhim in the campsite.
Day 3 : Trek from Sachen/Bakhim to Tshoka
This day will be a tough one with a steep ascent from Sachen at 7200 feet to Tshoka at 9650 feet above sea level. This usually takes about 4-5 hours to complete. We will enjoy the serene beauty of Yuksom valley en route and stay overnight at Tshoka.
Day 4 : Trek from Tshoka to Dzongri
Post breakfast, get prepared for another scenic uphill trek, and with this trek, you will be crossing 4,000m in the Himalayas! With this remarkable feat, enjoy your packed lunch and relax around the scenic vistas to get , to the higher altitudes. A further climb after relaxation will finally take you to the Dzongri overnight campsite area, from where you can have , views of the Koktang, Rathong, Kabru, Khangchendzonga, Simvo and Pandim peaks.
Day 5 : Dzongri Rest Day
We will stay at Dzongri to acclimatize better for further high altitude.
Day 6 : Trek from Dzongri to Thansing via Dzongri Top
Starting with a gradual ascent, today you will climb around 1mile and advent towards a low-ridge (13,500ft), from where the chortens and the colorful prayer flags overtake the views! The astounding views of the Kanchenjunga and Pandim peaks will keep you enchanted all through the way.
Hereafter, the trek starts descending down towards Pandim and will take you through rhododendron forests and the Prek Chu River.
Day 7 : Trek from Thansing to Lamuney
Lamuney takes about 2 hours walk from Thangsing and Shortens the route to high altitude Goechela Trek. Located at a distance of 4 kilometers. Enchanting Samiti Lake Take just 45 minutes climb from here. If you don’t feel tired you can climb up to the Lake which is on the way to Goechela but if you prefer to rest at Lamuney you can enjoy the sanctity of Lake the other day because you will be going through the side of the Lake to Goechela.
Day 8 : Trek from Lamuney to Goecha La then back to Thansing
Start the day early in order to avoid the harsh climatic conditions that might hinder your course in the latter part of the day. Climbing uphill through the moraines, you will then be descending to the Samiti Lake and then cross the Zemathang Plateau. From here, you will once again start ascending over a moraine and after trekking for around 1 hour, will reach the Goecha La Pass.
Arriving at this magnificent pass, behold the magical views of the Kanchenjunga and other distant peaks before you start moving back towards Lamuney for an overnight stay at the campsite.
Day 9 : Trek from Thansing to Tshokha
Waking up early in the morning, enjoy the enchanting views of the Kanchenjunga Peak from a nearby ridge and start trekking back towards Tshoka. Today, you will be taking a route through the Dzongri Plateau in order to avoid the long climb. The trail passes through Prek Chu and the deciduous forests of Phedang. Arriving in Tshoka, settle down in the overnight stay camps.
Day 10 : Trek from Tshokha to Yuksom
Descend through the same route that you ascended earlier from Yuksom to Tshoka will reach you to Yuksom in the afternoon time.
Day 11 : Depart from Yuksom
After having breakfast in the hotel, prepare your bags and check-out from the hotel. With this, the amazing Goecha La trek will come to an end.
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Food in Yuksom: Food in Yuksom is not included in the package. We can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from NJP to Yuksom and vice versa is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
Questions about the Trek
Who is Goechala Trek meant for?
Goechala is a 8 day trek, a difficult one. You have to be really adventurous and fit to complete as well as enjoy it. Goechala Trek is for regular trekkers, as the days are longer, climb is steep and the mighty view of Kangchenjunga is a real killer.
The best season for the Goechala Trek?
Goechala Trek has two seasons. April and May for the snow and jungles full of rhododendrons, September and October for the photographic clear views. It is a trek worth doing at both times.
Any Phone Connections?
After the base camp, there will be no network as you go deep in to the mighty mountains.
What Goechala Trek gives you?
This is an adventure of a lifetime. The enthralling walk in the Tshoka Rhododendron forests, the mystifying blue waters of Samiti lake, the wide Dzongri and Thansing pastures, the menacing existence of Kanchejunga and Pandim and the frosty track; all make Goechala trek, one of the most romantic trek of Himalayan range. Then what are you waiting for?
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines. For a complete checklist, download the checklist from the footer.
Trek Dates & Prices
|Trek Package Confirmed Dates||Trek Status Availabilty||Price (Per Person) Excluding Flights||Price (Per Person) Including Flights|
October 5, 2019 - October 15, 2019
October 12, 2019 - October 22, 2019
October 19, 2019 - October 29, 2019
October 26, 2019 - November 5, 2019