Rumtse To Tso Moriri Trek
Ladakh | 10D/9N | 15,180 Ft.
June to September
(Above mentioned cost is for 8 or more people)
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Difficult
- Group Size Medium Group
One of the most breathtaking high altitude treks in Ladakh, the trail from Rumtse to Tso Moriri traces a verdant blanket of greenery, and revolves around wildlife, alpine lakes, monasteries, and nomads. This daunting trek starts from the village of Rumtse at 4,100 m, and ends at the beautiful Tso Moriri Lake in the Changthang region, which is a spellbinding sight to behold. The Changthang region houses several exotic species of wildlife like the Himalayan Wolf, Tibetan Wild Dog, Wild Ass Kiang, Himalayan Marmot, and Tibetan Argali, which may grace your landscape if you’re lucky enough. Also, the campsites of Kyamar, Tisaling and Rachungkharu are some of India’s most beautiful gems, presenting you with spectacular views of the lush forests and towering mountains. The massive Mt. Kang Yatse chaperones your trek!
Max. Altitude- 4,600 m
1. Explore the beautiful Tso Moriri lake.
2. Spot some of the rarest and most stunning wildlife species.
3. The backdrop of the majestic Mt. Kang Yatse 4. Visit incredible Buddhist monasteries on the trek.
- All accommodation during the trek on sharing basis in tents/homestays
- All meals during the trek – Vegetarian
- Tents, Sleeping bags and all other Camping Gear (Dining Tent, Tiolet Tent etc)
- Safety Equipment (Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinders, Oximeter etc.)
- Services of our expert Trek Leader
- Services of an Expert Trekking Team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping Charges
- A Life Changing Experience
- GST and Other Taxes (As applicable, Subjected to change according to Govt. Rules)
- Food in Leh
- Backpack Offloading Charges
- Personal Trekking Gear
- Travel Expenses to and fro Leh from home city
- Tips for local team
- Expenses of personal nature like Laundry, Phone Calls, Alcohol, Cigarettes, Camera Fee, Bottled Water etc
- Any Requirement for Single Room/Single Tent Accommodation
- Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control
- Anything which is not mentioned in Inclusions
- Day 1 Arrive at Leh
- Day 2 Explore and acclimatise in Leh
- Day 3 Drive from Leh to Rumtse, and trek from Rumtse to Kyamar (4,000 m); 4 - 5 hours
- Day 4 Trek from Kyamar to Tisaling (4,800 m) via Kyumur La Pass (4,870 m); 5 - 6 hours
- Day 5 Trek from Tisaling to Pangunagu (4,398 m) via Shinbuk La (5,016 m); 5 - 6 hours
- Day 6 Trek from Pangunga to Nuruchan (4,500 m); 5 - 6 hours
- Day 7 Trek from Nuruchan to Gyamalhoma (4,950 m); 6 -7 hours
- Day 8 Trek from Gyamabarma to Korzok (4,550 m); 6 -7 hrs
- Day 9 Drive from Korzok back to Leh
- Day 10 Depart from Leh
Falling into the category of challenging treks, the Rumtse to Tso Moriri trek demands commendable physical fitness, stamina and endurance coupled with proper acclimatization to adapt to the extreme high altitude and low oxygen levels. It is advisable for people with experience of high altitude trekking, who have scaled at least 3,800 meters.
You can take a direct flight to Leh from Delhi, Mumbai and Srinagar. Take a cab to the base camp from Leh Airport.
You can reach Leh by road either from Srinagar or from Manali, although the Srinagar route is widely preferred over the Manali route.
Jammu Tawi is the nearest railways station to Leh, and is well connected to most major cities like Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai.
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines.
The temperature during the trek tends to vary between a 9 to 10 degrees during the day time, and reaches 4-5 degrees in the night.
The best season to attempt this trek is from July to September, when the weather conditions are relatively milder, and the temperature pleasant.