Pin Parvati Pass Trek
Himachal Pradesh | 10D/9N | 17,500 Ft.
July – August
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 258 Reviews4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Ultimate
- Group Size Small Group
All about the Pin Parvati Pass Trek.
Done with all the moderate treks India has to offer and looking for something even more nerve wrecking? Climbed summits, walked ridges and crossed lakes but still looking for something to calm that addiction of the drug named mountain fog? Pin-Parvati trek is one such ultimatum. It’s a long expedition that gives trekkers a massive dose of adventure, beauty and a sense of achievement. The name is derived from the fact that the pass connects parvati valley in Kullu to Pin valley in Spiti. On the way while travelling Trekkers enjoy the experience of wild flower, lakes, wide glaciers crest, thick alpine forest, lush greenery, grazing land and North planetary landscape. The Pin valley builds an incredible hue with the sunrise. A mixture of gradual climbs, barren mountains, steep slopes, snow-clad peaks and rugged passes, this 100km trek needs high trekking skills and can be completed in a course of 11 days.There will be highs and lows, rain and sunshine, snow and breeze, but with each passing day, the trek will become a pilgrimage to our own souls.
Day 1 Registration and Orientation
We will get down at Patlikuhal (20 km before Manali and 20 km after Kullu) from bus. Jeep ride to Rumsu base camp(10 km). After freshening up and breakfast all the participants will undergo through registration process for the trek. Post Lunch we will go for an acclimatization walk. Orientation regarding the trek will be given by the chief organizer in the evening. The orientation will cover information like rucksack packing, marching/walking technique and general awareness about a Himalayan Trek. Overnight stay at Rumsu base camp.
Day 2 Rumsu to Kheer ganga
All the participant will leave the base camp by 8 AM with their breakfast and packed lunch to start the trek. We will start with a jeep ride for Barshaini from Rumsu. We will trek from Barshaini till Kheer Ganga, the first day campsite. It takes around 4-5 hours to complete this part of the trek. The trek is easy with less ascend. There is a small village(Nathan) and then one bridge over the ferocious which comes across during the trek to Kheer Ganga.The place is known for its hot water spring. Don’t forget to take a dip in it.
Day3 Trek from Kheer Ganga to Tunda Bhuj
We will start the trek by 9 AM from Kheer Ganga for Tunda Bhuj. The trek takes around 5-6 hours. The route is easy with a moderate ascend in the end. The entire route runs on the left side of Parvati River. One can find Gujjar Settlements at Tunda Bhuj.
Day 4 Trek from Tunda Bhuj to Thakur Kuan
The trek from Tunda Bhuj to Thakur Kuan runs almost on a normal plain with very less ascend on the right side of Parvati River. We will cross two wooden bridges on the way. After crossing it there is a climb of around one hour to reach to Thakur Kuan. The camp site is very pretty with a big plain ground on the left side of Parvati River.
Day 5 Trek from Thakur Kuan to Mantalai
The trek takes around 6-7 hours and runs almost plain with some intermediate ascend. There are two difficult bridges on the way which are made up of big individual rock boulders. The bridge is known as Pandav bridge and its believed that Bheem, one of the Pandavas made it.There is a beautiful plain ground that comes on the way known as Rubi Thach. Mantalai is the place where Parvati could be seen in a lake form. The place is of religious significance and idols of Shiva, Ganesha and Trishul could be seen on the bank. The views are very scenic.
Day 6 Trek from Mantalai to Parvati side base camp
The main ascend of the trek starts from Mantalai till Parvati side base camp. There is a big stream that comes on the way known as Kala Khor nalla. Care should be taken while crossing, We will cross the nallah early in the morning, when the flow is minimum. We will then start with the ascend till Parvati side base camp. Hard snow bed could be found on the way to the camp site.
Day 7 Trek from Parvati side base camp to Pin side base camp
The trek from Parvati side base camp to Pine side base camp starts early in the morning by 6 AM so that we cross the hard snow patch before the sun comes out and makes it slippery. Peaks like South Parvati and Ganesh could be seen just before reaching the Pass. The top of the pass has a small temple.
The descend till Pin side base camp is moderately average as some part of it goes on ice and other on scree. After the descend is done, we will cross the Pine Nala with help of rope to reach Pin side base camp.
Day 8 Trek from Pin side base camp to Mudh base camp
The last day trek is easy and is almost plain but long. The initial part of the trek goes on the left side of Pin Nala. The route then joins to a road (no vehicles run over it) to reach Mud village. The total distance is around 35 kms.
Day 9 Mudh to Kaza Ride
The next morning after breakfast we will start with the jeep ride for Kaza. The jeep ride is very scenic and one gets to see the wilderness of Spiti Valley. There are monasteries in Kaza which we can explore. Overnight stay at Kaza.
Day 10 Kaza to Manali and Departure
We will start for Manali early by 6 AM from Kaza. One will come across the famous Kunzum top(4,590 mts.) which connects the Kullu Valley and Lahaul Valley with the Spiti Valley of Himachal Pradesh and Rohtang Pass(13,000 ft) while riding to Manali. Departure by 6 PM.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Food in Kaza: Food in Kaza is not included in the package. We can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from home to Pathlikuhal and Kaza to Manali is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
Who is this Trek meant for?
This is a difficult 10 days trek. You need to be really fit and experienced for this trek. This is a cross over trek from Spiti valley to Kullu valley, a really tough and beautiful one.
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines.