Nubra Valley Trek
Ladakh | 8 D /7 N | 17,717 ft
June to October
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 3584.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
All about the Nubra Valley Trek.
Walking on the world’s most acute motorway, you’ll reach an old transportation area which once assisted the merchants while covering the trade route, Hundar, the heart of Nubra Valley in Ladakh area. This highest motorway is the popular Khardung La road. Often denoted as every trekker’s dream trek, the Nubra Valley Trek is a famous for its “Valley of Flowers”, Digar La, another popular passway and obviously, Khardung La.
Passing through the snow stacked Lasermo La (17,717 ft) which also connects with the Indus Valleys, you’ll walk between the lush green meadows of Nubra, watching and breathing amidst the mesmerising landscape. You might wish to click a picture on the Silk Road that connected the three big states of India, Nepal and China, and along with the very famous Bactrian, double-humped camels. You might also able to touch the river Nubra and the diverse numbers of flora, especially orchids alongside the river.
The trek is a moderate one and is a major attraction for people who wish to explore the prismatic slopes, Buddhist ecclesiastical and various other villages
Maximum Altitude – 17,717 ft.
Duration – 8 Days
Difficulty Level – Moderate
- Passing through the Khardung La
- Passing through the snow stacked Lasermo La
- Landscapes of Thangslasgo, Hundar Dok and Wachan villages
- Farm fields of wheat and potatoes, Meadows, double-humped camels, orchids and various vegetations, Gompa.
Day 1 and Day 2 : Gather at Leh; Drive through Khardung La to Hundar (10,000 ft)
You can reach Leh a day before or early morning, if you wish to explore the place and monasteries. After gathering at a decided point, we will have enjoy a ride to Hundar through the highest motorways of the world, Khardung La. Hundar is very serene village inside Nubra and is also the initiating point of our trek.
Altitude – 10,000 ft
Day 3 : Trek to Skarchen (9,800 ft)
After an overnight at Leh, we will start from the overpass above Hundar River, the Skarchen path. An exuberant path besides the river and between the willows, Skarchen, is a dream sight. We will spend a night at camp. You can camp at Vachan village too.
Altitude – 9,800 ft
Day 4 : Trek to Hunder Dok (13,156 ft)
Through the narrow and curvy valley paths, we will reach the Wachan Village in around two hours. The trekking will begin to the village Dok Yongma and further to Hunder Dok. Hundar Dok is a remote, mysterious and an almost hidden village. You’ll experience the aroma of refreshing and bare wheat and potatoes in the fields, as you’ll walk from the middle of them. Overnight in camp.
Altitude – 13,156 ft
Day 5 : Trek to Thanglasgo (14,764 ft)
We will start early and follow the tiny stream, trekking the path to Thanglasgo and Snui Sumdo Valleys. An amazing topography, Thangslasgo serves as the grazing region to various local cattles like Goat, Yak and Sheep, which are brought from Wachan and Hundar villages. We spend a night at camp again.
Altitude – 14,764 ft
Day 6 : Trek to Lasermo La (15,748 ft)
After enjoying the sights of Thanglasgo, we will yet again be lead by a small stream to the meadows outside Thangslasgo and eventually trekking through the much tougher terrains. You’ll encounter glacier melted and made lakes while finally reaching the snow capped ranges of Lasermo La Base. We will spend a chilly night at camp.
Altitude – 15,748 ft
Day 7 : Walking to Lasermo La South Base (15,748 ft)
On the hard snow, before the dawn, we will cross the paths on Lasmero as early as possible, before the sun rises. We will cross moraine and walk down the snow line, seeing the Karakoram, Zanskar and Ladakh ranges. We will reach the dry south base and will camp overnight there.
Altitude -15,748 ft
Day 8 : Trek to Morobuk; Drive to Leh (10,000 ft)
On our last day we will start by trekking down through the Stok Range to Morobuk. From Morobuk, we will drive back to Leh. From there you can depart for your respective homes.
Altitude – 10,000 ft
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Food in Leh: Food in Leh is not included in the package. We can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from home to Leh and vice versa is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
Who can go for this trek?
Nubra valley trek is of moderate level and as the altitude increases after a point on the trek, it requires a stamina and strength. It might require around six hours of walking at some days. Nonetheless, high altitudes till 15,000 feets is a next level of difficulty for those who have certain prior experience or training in trekking. Also, acclimatization would be required to have best trek experience, as the altitudes are high.
Best time to experience this trek?
Nubra Valley is best at the times when it’s flowers are in there full blooms and temperatures are moderate. Best time will be between October or May or any other winter month. Snowfall in the mentioned two months, makes the valley dreamy and fascinating.
Expected weather conditions and temperature?
As the altitudes and weather conditions might have suggested, the temperature usually fluctuates from 15 degrees to the icy -10 degrees celsius.
Should I go for this trek?
This trek attracts the people who likes exploring the colorful steeps, lands of diverse vegetations Gompas and remote or hidden village areas. If that sounds like you, then this is your trek. Although, if you have don’t have any past knowledge about trekking then it is advisable to go for simpler treks, before trying this one.