Lamkhaga Pass Trek
Uttrakhand to Himachal | 11D/10N | 17,320 Ft.
May – June and September – October
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 3934.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Difficult
- Group Size Medium Group
All about the Lamkhaga Pass Trek.
One of the toughest treks in lush green Garhwal valleys is Lamkhaga Pass which joins with Himachal Pradesh and northern-eastern region of Garhwal and is aligned with the Harsil-Sangla Trek. Trekkers from around the globe are attracted to these treks because of its snow-capped mountains, streams and uncertain paths along with its mesmerizing beauty.
The Harsil-Sangla range is quite rough, steep and precarious and is around 17,000 ft above the sea-level to 9000 ft till Harsil. The Lamkhaga Pass is like a dreamy walk on the heavens. You’ll experience the beauty of stunning grassy lands and will have fun around the hiking on this pass. Above all this, Harsil in itself is a place where one can forget about one’s daily struggles and calm oneself completely. Also, you’ll be able to see the popular Wilson Cottage (1864) and Sat Tal or seven lakes.
Precisely, if you wish to accumulate some amazing sights of glacier stacked peaks, lots of snow-capped Greenlands, attractive meadows, eye-treating waterfalls, deep valleys, and overall experience the overwhelming green landscapes or experience the beauty of Garhwal then this trek is one of the best choices.
Maximum Altitude: 17,320 ft.
Duration: 11 Days
1. Lamkhaga Pass
2. Glacier stacked mounts, snow-filled forests, waterfalls, luxuriant meadows, and exuberant landscapes
3. Sangla Village
Lamkhaga Pass Detailed Itinerary
Day 1 : Reach Harsil (7,860ft)
You will have to reach Harshil, We can arrange a Cab for you from Dehradun but you will be liable to pay for it.
Day 2 : Trek to Kyarkoti (12,200 ft)
We all will gather at Harsil, from where we will begin our trek. On our first day of trekking, we will pass through the wilderness, greenery and scenic beauty. Our steps will lead us to Kyarkoti, a place popular for its Kyarkoti lake and lush green meadows. We will spend our night in a tent.
Altitude: 7,860 ft to 12,200 ft
Day 3 : Trek from Kyarkoti to Sukha Tal (13,100 ft)
Day 4 : Acclimatisation Day
Day 5 : Trek to Lamkhaga Pass Base Camp (15000 ft)
After enjoying some relaxing food in the tent around the charming landscape of Kyarkoti, we will proceed our trekking to the Base Camp at Lamkhaga Pass and spend our night at the camp itself.
Day 6 : Trek via Lamkhaga Pass (17,320 ft) to Gundar (14,432 ft)
After our breakfast, we will trek further for Lamkhaga Pass and finally, you’ll experience the fascinating walk, amazing Greenlands and stacked glaciers on the mountain range. From there we will trek to Gundar and have an overnight in tents again.
Altitude Change: 17,320 ft / 14,432 ft
Day 7 : Trek to Dumti (14,000 ft)
On day 7 we will leave early morning to Dumti. We will have to both hikes and climb during this trek (from Gundar to Dumti) and stay at a camp at night.
Day 8 : Trek to Rani Kanda (12,139 ft)
On Day 8 we will explore the beauty of Dumti while having a peaceful breakfast and then continue for nine kilometers more to Rani Kanda seeing the astonishing beauty of green meadows and waterfalls. The night will be spent again in a camp.
Day 9 : Last Day Trek to Chitkul (11,320 ft)
We finally after spending a night in a camp, will wake up and capture the calming beauty of Rani Kanda meadows. After our breakfast, we depart for our last day trek from Rani-Kanda camp to Chitkul, which will be around 10 km. From there we will leave for Sangla valley by four-wheels.
Altitude: 11,320 ft
Day 10 : Day at Sangla (8,530 ft)
We will explore the spectacular Sangla Valley which is a home for people of Sangla Village. It is famous for trout fishing and Kinner Kailash mount which is at the peak of the valley. You’ll get a chance to encounter the locals and relax after a tiresome trekking day.
Altitude: 8,530 ft
Day 11 : Drive to Shimla (7,467 ft)
If you wish you can stay back and explore the capital state of Himachal. It is popular for Jakhu, Devi and Hanuman Temples, Kufri, mall road etc. Or you can departure for home.
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Accommodation and Food in Dehradun and Shimla: Food and stay in Dehradun and Shimla are not included in the package. You can book your hotels or homestays in Dehradun, we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation to Harshil from Dehradun and from Chitukul to Shimla is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.