Hampta Pass and Chandra Tal Trek
Himachal Pradesh | 5D/4N | 14,000 Ft
- Reviews 8 Reviews5/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Hamta Pass is one of the most amazing treks for beginners to Himalayan trekking. The trek route with remarkably rich with vegetation has lot of scenic landscapes and huge rock formations. Explore trails that meander through alpine forests. The place is a religious Jamdagini Rishi. This trek is a gateway to the Spiti Valley from the Manali valley. Hima means snow in sanskrit; so Himachal translates to in the lap of snow. The mountains of the state are used for many varied adventure activities ranging from paragliding to trekking.
Hampta pass connects the Kullu valley to Lahaul Spiti valley. Manali’s vivid typography makes this one of the most preferred winter trek. The variation makes every day different from the previous one. The trek trails through open green pastures, meadows and glacial valleys. One extended day to visit Chandratal is just a cherry on the top.
- Accommodation during the trek
- All meals – Vegetarian
- Trekking Equipment (Tents, Sleeping bags, Ice Axes, Ropes, etc.)
- Safety equipment (Medical kit,Oxygen Cylinders, Stretcher etc.)
- Services of our expert Trek Leaders
- Services of an Expert Trekking Team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping Charges
- A Life Changing Experience
- Itne Paise me Itna-ich Milega
- Service Taxes
- Hotels and Food in Manali
- Backpack offloading charges
- Transportation to Base of the Trek
- Your Personal Expenses
- Any Requirement for Single Room/Single Tent Accommodation.
- Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
Offloading Policy: The essence of trekking is incomplete without a backpack on your shoulders. Out of all the worldly weights you can ever carry on your shoulders, the weight of a backpack will be the only one which makes you feel lighter. All that said, if because of some reason, you cannot carry your backpack, we got your back. You can choose to offload you bag. Offloading for half the trek is not an option. The charges for the same varies with every trek.
- Day 1 Reporting in Manali and Trek to Chika
All the participant coming via bus/cab from Delhi or Chandigarh make sure you get down at Manali. We will tell you the location to reach at. We will drive from Manali to Jobra which will take us one hour. After that we will trek from Jobra to Chika which will take around 1 to 2 hours. Chika has big rock boulders and a beautiful waterfall. Overnight in tents at Chika.
- Day 2 Trek from Chika to Balu ka Ghera
After morning breakfast we will start the trek for Balu Ka Ghera. Trek duration is around 4 to 5 hours from Chikka to Balu ka Ghera scaling 11900 feet. The initial part of the trek goes through the bank of the river crossing few rock boulders. There is a water stream that needs to be crossed on the way. Balu ka Ghera is a large plain ground on the bank of the river and camping at this spot is a dream in reality. One can spot Indrasan, the highest peak of Manali valley from here. Snacks would be served in the evening followed by dinner. Overnight camping at Balu Ka Ghera.
- Day 3 Trek from Balu ka Ghera to Shia Ghoru via Hampta Pass
Today’s trek starts early as we will try covering the maximum snow patch before sun rise. The trek route from Balu Gehra towards Shia Ghoru is a moderate climb, scaling 4,200 meters. The trek duration is relatively long and starts by 5 am in the morning from Balu ka Gera. It takes around 4 to 5 hours to reach the top of the Hamta Pass. The aerial views of Spiti valley from Hampta Pass is quite breathtaking. We will then descend from Hampta top towards Shia Ghoru. The descend is steep and at times when snow is abundant one can slide down to reach Shia Ghoru.
- Day 4 Trek from Shia Ghoru to Chatru and then Drive to Chandrataal
After morning breakfast we will start the trek to Chatru. The beautiful view of the valleys of Lahaul and Spiti are not to be missed during the trek. The mountains of Pir Panjal and Spiti ranges adds to the beauty. Chatru is a meeting point of roads coming from Rohtang Pass, Hampta Paas and Spiti. Jeep safari to Chandrataal from Chatru . Myths say that Yudhishthir, the eldest Pandava was called to heaven from Chandra Taal. Overnight camping at Chatru.
- Day 5 Drive from Chatru to Manali.
After morning breakfast we will start the jeep ride to Manali via Rohtang Pass. Reaching Manali by 3 pm. You can book for your onward journey.
Hampta is a moderate trek but well prepared beginners can easily do this one.
The best season for the trek is from June to October. It is a bit risky during rainy season but that is fun to do.