Stok Kangri Trek
Ladakh, J & K | 8 D/7N | 20,800 Ft.
July to October
(Above mentioned cost is for 8 or more people)
- Reviews 2 Reviews5/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Ultimate
- Group Size Small Group
Trekking on the himalayas specially in the region of jammu and kashmir may sound life threatening to some. But there is a niche of people who look at it as a drug; and for that niche of people, stok-kangri acts like the el-clasico of trekking. While leh is situated at the height of 3500-3800 mts and is considered the most adventurous place for trekking lovers, stok-kangri is at about 20,800 ft above the sea level and is the highest peak in its namesake region of the ladakhi himalayas. The trek entails crossing a glacier, climbing long stretches and maneuvering steep ridge leading to the peak. Illustrating the himalayan range with a wider perspective, this trek embraces deserted surroundings and offers its trekkers the opportunity to experience complete peace. Battling diminishing oxygen and rising cold due to increase in altitude, when you reach the summit (you can see the karakoram range to your north and the zanskar range to your south) with tears in your eyes and frozen lips, you will ask yourself, “have I made it large?”
- All accommodation during the trek on sharing basis in tents/homestays
- All meals during the trek – Vegetarian
- Airport Pickup and Drop
- Tents, Sleeping bags and all other Camping Gear (Dining Tent, Tiolet Tent etc)
- Safety Equipment (Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinders, Oximeter etc.)
- Services of our expert Trek Leader
- Services of an Expert Trekking Team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping Charges
- A Life Changing Experience
- GST and Other Taxes (As applicable, Subjected to change according to Govt. Rules)
- Food in Leh
- Backpack Offloading Charges
- Personal Trekking Gear
- Travel Expenses to and fro Leh from home city
- Tips for local team
- Expenses of personal nature like Laundry, Phone Calls, Alcohol, Cigarettes, Camera Fee, Bottled Water etc
- Any Requirement for Single Room/Single Tent Accommodation
- Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control
- Anything which is not mentioned in Inclusions
- Day 1 Arrival at Leh
On this day, you arrive at Leh and have a rest. If you arrive early, enjoy the beauty and weather of Leh.
- Day 2 Acclimatization Day
Enjoy the cultural and natural beauty of Leh. There are lots of monasteries around the town, and a tour would allow you to acclimatize the weather.
- Day 3 Trek to Chang Ma
Leh (11500 ft.) to Chang Ma (13087 ft.) via Stok Village (11800 ft.). We will first drive to Stok Village from Leh. From Stok Village, our trek will start. We will camp at Chang Ma in tents.
- Day 4 Trek from Chang Ma to Mankorma
Chang Ma (13087 ft.) to Mankorma (14200 ft.). We will trek from Chang Ma to Mankorma and stay at Mankorma overnight. This will be pretty easy trek.
- Day 5 Trek from Mankorma to Base Camp
Mankorma (14200 ft.) to Base camp (16300 ft.). We will trek from Mankorma to the base camp. We will stay overnight at the base camp
- Day 6 Rest and Training Day for the Summit
This day will be used to train you for the higher ascent on the mountains, since it will one of the most difficult trek. It is the ”Summit Day”
- Day 7 Stok Kangri Summit
Base camp (16300 ft.) to Stok Kangri (20187 ft.) back to base camp. This day we will trek to the peak of Stok Kangri at 20080 ft, and get back to the base camp. It will be exhausting and difficult trek.
- Day 8 Base camp to Leh
We will be trekking some high altitude mountains before heading back to Stock Village. From there, we will drive back to Leh. You can book your onward journey from the next day.
This trek is considered to be one of the difficult one’s. It is not for beginners. It requires proper fitness, proper acclimatization and a strong heart. It is truly a summit worth climbing for but you need proper preparation and judgement to reach the top. So, prepare and conquer the Stok.
July and August is the best time to do this trek.
Phone network is now and then available on the trek. But the base camp is well connected with the world.
20,800 ft, this is what this trek gives you, highest trekable summit in india. The magnificent and breathtaking view of the entire Zanskar and Indus valley form the summit and the tough climb, an adventure one should never miss. This trek gives you an altitude, a challenge and less oxygen. Ready to accept?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines.
For a complete checklist, go to Trekmunk Checklist.