Tarsar Marsar Trek (customised)
Kashmir | 5D/4N | 13,202 Ft.
July to October
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 301 Reviews4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
All about the Tarsar Marsar Trek (customised).
Of all the trekking destinations in India, you can excuse us if we’re a bit partial towards Kashmir, where trekking as an experience is on another tangent of beauty altogether. Amongst countless other stunning trekking trails, Kashmir is also home to the iconic Tarsar Marsar trek. The trek leads to two incredible alpine lakes, namely Tarsar and Marsar. The trail coils through iconic meadows of Kashmir, stunning high altitude pastures and forests and pastures. The campsites on this trek sit right beside the surreal beauty of these lakes, and a sprawling sky studded with a million stars watch over you. If you’re lucky, you may even catch a glimpse of an arm of the Milky Way in all its stellar glory. Besides the beautiful terrains, the beautiful mountain valleys and rustic villages of Kashmir leave you awestruck.
Max. Altitude – 4,024 m
Duration – 5 days
Difficulty – Moderate
Day 1 : Pickup from Srinagar & overnight stay in tents at Aru.
Aru sits about 12 km away from Pahalgam, and a shared cab from Srinagar will land you there, as the place is quite famous. There are two different routes leading up to Aru- one through Anantnag, and the other through Bijbehra.
Altitude: 2,436 m
Time Taken: 3.5 hours drive
Day 2 : Trek from Aru to Shekwas
The trek begins with a mild yet long climb from the village of Aru to Lidderwat, which is about 10 km away. The trail snakes along the cool Ladder river. A few minutes into the trek, and you can see the beautiful area of Aru behind you. Soon the trail enters beautiful forests of fir, and opens out to the Dalla clearing. Now the trek becomes gentler and more even. About 2 – 3 hours later, the trail curves into dense fir forests, and to the stunning meadows of Lidderwat.
Continue the trail alongside the Lidder river, and dips down into the fantastic forests of pine. Move past the cluster of trees and watch incredible views unfold before you. The expansive grasslands of Lidderwat blend in with the snowy mountains, along with misty valleys. The trail enters a tapering valley graced by a snaking blue river and soon leads to the lovely campsite of Shekwas.
Altitude: 3,365 m
Distance: 15 km
Time Taken: 9 hrs
Day 3 : Trek from Shekwas to Tarsar
Once you leave Shekwas, trail along the path leading up to Tarsar, via a ridge overlooking a stream. The narrow ridges pop up to stunning views of the valley. About two hours later, the trail offers a slight sneak peek into the wonderful Tarsar lake. Crossing a stream through rocky terrains and boulders land you at the grasslands of Tarsar. Camp here or the night.
Altitude: 3,794 m
Distance: 5 km
Time Taken: 3 – 4 hrs
Day 4 : Tarsar to Lidderwat
Today we explore Tarsar area and then head back to Lidderwat. We here or the night.
Altitude: 2,783 m
Distance: 10 km
Time Taken: 6 hrs
Day 5 : Trek form Lidderwat to Aru
Today we trek back from Lidderwat to Aru appreciating the whole trek and probably seeing the same route with new eyes. Make sure to finish all of your spare camera batteries before we reach Aru and then drive back to Srinagar.
Altitude: 2,436 m
Distance: 10 km
Time Taken: 6 hrs trek plus 3.5 hrs drive
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Accommodation and Food in Srinagar: Food and stay in Srinagar are not included in the package. You can book your hotels or homestays in Srinagar, we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from home to Srinagar and vice versa is not included in the package. We will arrange a cab to and fro Srinagar to Aru according to your requirement but any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
Questions about the Trek
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines. For a complete checklist, download the checklist from the footer.
Whom is the trek for?
The level of this trek leans more towards moderate level of difficulty, which naturally demands exceptional physical fitness, stamina and endurance. It is strongly advisable to have prior trekking experience of scaling at least 3,500 meters before you approach this trek, which means beginners should stay away. Also, proper acclimatization is key for successful completion of the trek.
Which is the best season for this trek?
The season from July to October is the best time for the trek.
How to reach Srinagar?
By Air The Srinagar Airport is well connected to the major cities of the country. Frequent flights ply from Delhi, Jammu, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chandigarh, and Kolkata. By Rail The Jammu Tawi Railway station is the most convenient stop, from where frequent buses and cabs are available for Srinagar. By Road The Srinagar Bus Stand is well connected to Delhi, Chandigarh, and Jammu. Frequent overnight buses ply from these cities to Srinagar.
Trek Dates & Prices
|Trek Package Confirmed Dates||Trek Status Availabilty||Price (Per Person) Excluding Flights||Price (Per Person) Including Flights|
July 26, 2019 - July 30, 2019