Uttarakhand | 8D/7N | 16,000 Ft.
May – June and September – October
(Above mentioned cost is for 8 or more people)
- Reviews 2 Reviews5/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
When you opt for this trek, a lot of mystery is in store for you. Perched in the laps of mt. trishul, roopkund is a glacial lake that has over 500 skeletons of animals and men scattered on its banks. The icy cold weather is the reason for the preservation of the bones uptill now. Located in the Chamoli district of Garhwal himalayas it is one of the most picturesque treks. Walk on fresh powdery snow and feel shivers down the spine as the mystery of the skeleton lake unravels. The trek trails through mountainous rivers, enthralling ridges, lush forests and scenic meadows to give you an experience for lifetime.
- All accommodation during the trek on sharing basis in tents/homestays
- All meals during the trek – Vegetarian
- Tents, Sleeping bags and all other Camping Gear (Dining Tent, Tiolet Tent etc)
- Safety Equipment (Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinders, Oximeter etc.)
- Services of our expert Trek Leader
- Services of an Expert Trekking Team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping Charges
- A Life Changing Experience
- GST and Other Taxes (As applicable, Subjected to change according to Govt. Rules)
- Food during transit from Dehradun to Wan and vice versa
- Travel expenses from Dehradun to Wan and vice versa
- Backpack Offloading Charges
- Personal Trekking Gear
- Travel Expenses to and fro Dehradun from home city
- Tips for local team
- Expenses of personal nature like Laundry, Phone Calls, Alcohol, Cigarettes, Camera Fee, Bottled Water etc
- Any Requirement for Single Room/Single Tent Accommodation
- Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control
- Anything which is not mentioned in Inclusions
- Day 1 Reaching Base Camp
On the first day trekkers, will be taken to the base camp at Wan which is situated 7,700 ft above the sea level; this will take approximately 10-11hrs from Dehradun. Once we reach the base camp, the trekkers will be rested for the trek to begin from the next day.
- Day 2 Trek to Ghaehroli Patal via Wan
We will trek to Ghaehroli Patal situated at 10,000 ft above sea level. This is approximately 4-5 hours trek.
- Day 3 Trek from Ghaehroli Patal to Bedni Bugyal
On the third day of the trek we will go from Ghaehroli Patal to Bedni Bugyal which is situated at 11,500 ft above sea level. This trek will take approximately 4 hours. Bedni Bugyal is one of the biggest meadows of asia.
- Day 4 Trek from Bedni Bugyal to Patar Nachauni
We will trek from Bedni Bugyal to Patar Nachauni situated at 12,700 ft from sea level, this trek usually takes approximately 4 hours.
- Day 5 Trek to Bhagwabhasa - the summit base camp
We will be trekking from Patar Nachauni to Bhagwabhasa which is 14,100 ft above sea level. This trek takes about 5 hours. After we reach Bhagwabhasa we will be doing 3 hours’ steep ascent to Kalu Vinayak which is 14,300 ft above sea level and then we will be back to Bhagwabhasa.
- Day6 Trek to Roopkund and back to Patar Nachauni
On this day, we will trek from Bhagwabasa to Roopkund which is 15,750 ft above sea level, and then further up to Junargali located 16,000 ft above sea level. We will return to Patar Nachauni via Bhagwabasa, this trek usually takes about 9 hours.
- Day 7 Trek to Wan
We will be descending on this day from Patar Nachauni to Wan via Bedni; this will take approximately 6½ hours to Wan.
- Day 8 Depart for Kathgodam
Last day of the trek and you will be driven from Wan to Dehradun. This will take approximately 10-11 hours. You can book your onward journey in the night.
Roopkund treks varies from moderate to difficult depending on the snow and weather conditions. The days are longer and the altitude high. This trek is not for beginners, one or more experience of small high altitude treks and you are good to go for this one
There are two seasons for this trek. May and June is the white season when you can find snow and September, October is the green season when you can find meadows full of flowers and grass.
The base camp, Lohajung is well connected. You will find network as well as slow speed internet. It is very rare to find network in these high altitude treks but we pass through many valleys during trekking because of that we find network at some points during the trek.
This trek is one of the most famous treks in India. You go through one of the biggest meadows in Asia, cross jungles and go above the tree line to see the mighty Mt. Trishul just in front of you, don’t forget the stories about the mysterious lake. And not the last, it gives you a life changing experience for sure.
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines.
For a complete checklist, go to Trekmunk Checklist.