Himachal Pradesh | 2D/1N | 8,900 Ft
- Reviews 1 Review4/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Large Group
Situated 45 km north of Mandi, frozen in winters and a visual spectacle otherwise; Prashar Lake is a secret well kept in the Himachal district. Perfect for first time trekkers, the lake is located at a height of 8,900ft above sea level. Surrounded by snow- capped mountains, the treks offers a 180 degree view of the Kinnaur, Pir- Panjal, Dhauladar ranges. The lake is fenced with tall Cedar trees and has a small floating island in the middle. The depth of the lake remains unknown while it is considered sacred because masses believe that sage Prashar meditated there, giving the lake its name. That is probably the reason the locals have been spotted saying ‘no man can live there, it is a place for the gods!’.
- Accommodation during the trek
- All meals – Vegetarian
- Trekking Equipment (Tents, Sleeping bags, Ice Axes, Ropes, etc.)
- Safety equipment (Medical kit,Oxygen Cylinders, Stretcher etc.)
- Services of our expert Trek Leaders
- Services of an Expert Trekking Team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping Charges
- A Life Changing Experience
- Itne Paise me Itna-ich Milega
- Service Taxes
- Backpack offloading charges
- Transportation to Base of the Trek
- Your Personal Expenses
- Any Requirement for Single Room/Single Tent Accommodation.
- Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
Offloading Policy: The essence of trekking is incomplete without a backpack on your shoulders. Out of all the worldly weights you can ever carry on your shoulders, the weight of a backpack will be the only one which makes you feel lighter. All that said, if because of some reason, you cannot carry your backpack, we got your back. You can choose to offload you bag. Offloading for half the trek is not an option. The charges for the same varies with every trek.
- Day 1 Mandi to Prashar Lake via Baggi Village (7 kms Trek)
We board a vehicle from Mandi to Baggi Village, it will take around 3 hours to reach the village. After briefing and stretching, we start the short trek of 4km uphill towards the lake which will take about 5-6 hrs. We will cross several meadows on our journey and would reach the famous and snow covered lake. If this is your first trek, you will be awestruck with the amazing panoramic view of the himalayas. We will camp near the lake for the night and will catch the sunrise next morning.
- Day 2 Prashar Lake to Mandi
Wake up early in the morning to catch the sunrise and for a fresh breath. After catching the sunrise and eating a healthy breakfast, we start back towards Mandi via same trail but the snow make the way down tricky and adventurous. After reaching Mandi, you can start your onward journey back to your homes.
This is an easy trek. Any one can opt for this trek and can go in any season.