Uttrakhand | 6D/5N | 12,600 Ft.
December – February
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 258 Reviews4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
All about the Brahmatal Trek.
Brahmtal is a classic winter trek. The summit unveils a heavenly facet when the snow gently falls on its slopes; most of the trek is on the snow, which makes it terribly exciting. Apart from the uneven terrain, the trek is filled with beautiful landscapes, sprawling forests and stretched across the sky are the big mountains of Gharwal and everywhere around you are the white undulating snow fields. Once you cross the shadows of the trees, the full grandeur of the Himalayas hit you. Never ending ridge lines, sprawling Bugiyals, High altitude lakes, snow on the trail and majestic peak views make it a compelling proposition for a winter trek. Brahma Tal is a hidden and secluded lake amidst the ridge, where Lord Brahma meditated according to the mythology. The frozen blue lake with the mighty himalayan peaks overlooking it, creates a mesmerizing and an unmatched experience.
Day 1 From Dehradun to Lohajung
Today, you will drive from Dehradun to Lohajung. The last ATM en route is at a tiny town called Debal. Although Lohajung has a small medical shop, it is better to purchase medicines at Gwaldam and Debal. From Debal, it is an hour’s journey to Lohajung. Once you reach Lohajung, you can see the beautiful Nanda Ghunti peak and if you are lucky enough to reach before sunset, the color of Nanda Ghunti will amaze you. Lohajung, as the locals say, is the place where Goddess Parvati had a war (jung) with the demon, Lohasur. Hence, the name, which translates to ‘war with Lohasur.’ It is a center point of close to 12-15 nearby villages.
Day 2 Trek from Lohajung to Bekaltal
We will trek from Lohajung to Bekaltal(9876 ft), a total distance of 6.3 km, which usually takes about 4-5 hours. Once we are Bekaltal, we will set up camp for overnight and continue sightseeing in the neighboring areas.
Day 3 Trek from Bekaltal to Brahmatal
We will trek from Bekaltal to Brahmtal(10,735 ft) , the distance during this phase is 7.2 kms and the duration is about 4-5 hours. Once we reach Brahmtal, we will set up camp site approximately 500 metres away from the lake.
Day 4 Trek from Brahmatal to Brahmatal Peak (3,846 m) and back to campsite
On this day we will go to Brahmtal peak(12600 ft), from where you will be able to see a panorama of mountains for your visual pleasure. The mountains that are visible includes Chaukhambha, Mandir, Mana, Nilgiri, Neelkant, Trishul, Nanda Ghunti, Maitoli to name some of the mountains of the Panchachuli range.From the peak we will trek back to the camp site. This trek will be about 7.6 Kms and takes about 5-6 hours.
Day 5 Trek from Brahmatal to Lohajung/Wan
On this day we descent back to Lohajung/Wan base camp from Brahmatal, this stretch will be 9 Kms and will take 6-7 hours.
Day 6 From Lohajung/Wan to Dehradun
Depart from Lohajung/Wan to Dehradun. You can book your tickets from Dehradun from evening onwards.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Accommodation and Food in Dehradun: Food and stay in Dehradun are not included in the package. You can book your hotels or homestays in Dehradun, we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from Dehradun to Wan and vice versa and Travel Expenses to and fro Dehradun from home city is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
Who is this trek meant for?
It is considered as a moderate trek. Only few treks are open in winters and Brahmatal is one of them. Anyone who is adventurous and fit can easily do this trek.
The best season for the trek?
It is considered as a winter trek, so, January and February is the best time to do this trek.
Any Phone connections?
The base camp is very well connected with outer world. You might also get network on the top of the summit.
What this trek gives you?
The most amazing part is the Mt. Trisul and Nanda Ghunti peaks from such a close proximity. The 360 degree view from the summit is mesmerizing. This winter snow trek is one of its kind. Go and look for yourself.
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines. For a complete checklist, download the checklist from the footer.