Bhrigu Lake Trek
Himachal Pradesh | 4D/3N | 14,120 Ft.
May to October
(Above mentioned cost is for a fixed departure)
- Reviews 1 Review4.9/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
All about the Bhrigu Lake Trek.
Bhrigu Lake is located at an elevation of around 4,300 metres (14,100 ft) in Kullu district, Himachal Pradesh, India. The lake can be reached by trekking from Gulaba village. The lake is named after Maharishi Bhrigu, one of the seven great sages saptarshis.
This readily accessible trek route in the upper Kullu valley and lying east of the famous Rohtang pass offers almost everything which a beginner or an experienced hiker can wish for.
Day 1 Reporting and Acclimatization
Get down at Patlikuhal (20 km before Manali and 20 km after Kullu) from bus and take a Jeep ride to Rumsu base camp(10 km). After freshening up and breakfast all the participants will undergo through registration process for the trek. Post Lunch we will go for an acclimatization walk. Orientation regarding the trek will be given by the chief organizer in the evening. The orientation will cover information like rucksack packing, marching/walking technique and general awareness about a Himalayan Trek. Overnight stay at Rumsu base camp.
Day 2 Drive to Gulaba and trek to Rohlikohli.
After morning breakfast we will start with a beautiful jeep ride to Gulaba. The trek commences from Gulaba towards Rohlikohli camp site. The 5 to 6 hours ascend till Rohlikohli is moderate. There are two streams on the route towards the camp site (Chor Nallah and Kohli Nallah). Rohli Kohli is a beautiful camp site and offers amazing views of Solang Valley. Overnight camp at Rohli Kohli.
Day 3 Trek to Bhrigu Lake
Trek commences early in the morning by 7 am after breakfast, for Bhrigu Lake. It takes around 4 hours to reach to Bhrigu Lake. Packed lunch will be done at Bhigu Lake. Care should be taken that no littering happens over here. As per the myths, Rishi Bhrigu meditated here and used to take bath in the holy water. We will then start for the descend to Rohlikohli camp site. Overnight stay in tents at Rohlikohli camp site.
Day 4 Descend to Gulaba and Departure from Manali
We will start with descend this morning for Gulaba. The descend is easy and takes around 3-4 hours. Departure will be done from Manali bus stand at 5 PM.
- Accommodation: All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in Tents or Homestays. Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house/hostel (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2-3 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Trek Leader and Guides: A team of an experienced and certified Trek Leader, as well as a professional guide, will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a Professional Trekking Team: A team of an experienced Cook, Camp Staff, Porters/Mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- Meals: All Meals on the Trek are included. We will serve Vegetarian Indian food on the trek which will be cooked by our high altitude chefs. It will be a five meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment: All the camping equipment such as Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality. Safety Equipment including Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Oximeter, Crampons & Gaiters(if required) will be provided by us. We recommend you to bring your own sleeping bags if possible.
- Permits and Forest Camping Charges: Only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges, Forest Entry Fee etc will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A Life Changing Experience: We assure you that by trekking in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we will do everything we can to provide you with the best services and make your venture in the wild an unforgettable one.
- GST and Other Taxes: The goods and services tax is not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Accommodation and Food in Manali : Food and stay in Manali are not included in the package. You can book your hotels or homestays in Manali , we can recommend a few good options.
- Flights and Transportation: Flights or other means of transport is not included in the package. Transportation from home to Manali and vice versa is not included in the package. We can arrange a cab for you according to your requirements but you will be liable to pay for the same. Any expenses occurred during the journey are not included in the package cost.
- Personal Trekking Equipment: Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of Personal Bags(Offloading): We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses: Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, snacks, orders tea houses or dhabas, Tips for guides etc) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses: Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions of the package.
Who is this Trek meant for?
This trek is an easy one. Any newbie or first timer can opt for this trek.
What things are needed to be carried?
Rucksack, high ankle trekking shoes, one fleece jacket, one down feather / hollofil jacket, 3 pairs of quick dry T-shirts and trek pants, 5-6 pairs of socks, balaclava, a daypack, sunscreen SPF 50+, scarf, towel, lip balm, headlamp / torch, 2 water bottles of 1 litre, and personal medicines. For a complete checklist, download the checklist from the footer.