Bhrigu Lake Trek
Himachal Pradesh | 4D/3N | 14,120 Ft.
- Reviews 1 Review5/5
- Vacation Style High Altitude Trek
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Bhrigu Lake is located at an elevation of around 4,300 metres (14,100 ft) in Kullu district, Himachal Pradesh, India. The lake can be reached by trekking from Gulaba village. The lake is named after Maharishi Bhrigu, one of the seven great sages saptarshis.
This readily accessible trek route in the upper Kullu valley and lying east of the famous Rohtang pass offers almost everything which a beginner or an experienced hiker can wish for.
- Accommodation during the trek
- All meals – Vegetarian
- Trekking Equipment (Tents, Sleeping bags, Ice Axes, Ropes, etc.)
- Safety equipment (Medical kit,Oxygen Cylinders, Stretcher etc.)
- Services of our expert Trek Leaders
- Services of an Expert Trekking Team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Trekking Permits and Forest Camping Charges
- A Life Changing Experience
- Itne Paise me Itna-ich Milega
- Service Taxes
- Backpack offloading charges
- Transportation to Base of the Trek
- Your Personal Expenses
- Any Requirement for Single Room/Single Tent Accommodation.
- Travel Insurance and other Emergency Expenses
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
Offloading Policy: The essence of trekking is incomplete without a backpack on your shoulders. Out of all the worldly weights you can ever carry on your shoulders, the weight of a backpack will be the only one which makes you feel lighter. All that said, if because of some reason, you cannot carry your backpack, we got your back. You can choose to offload you bag. Offloading for half the trek is not an option. The charges for the same varies with every trek.
- Day 1 Reporting and Acclimatization
Get down at Patlikuhal (20 km before Manali and 20 km after Kullu) from bus and take a Jeep ride to Rumsu base camp(10 km). After freshening up and breakfast all the participants will undergo through registration process for the trek. Post Lunch we will go for an acclimatization walk. Orientation regarding the trek will be given by the chief organizer in the evening. The orientation will cover information like rucksack packing, marching/walking technique and general awareness about a Himalayan Trek. Overnight stay at Rumsu base camp.
- Day 2 Drive to Gulaba and trek to Rohlikohli.
After morning breakfast we will start with a beautiful jeep ride to Gulaba. The trek commences from Gulaba towards Rohlikohli camp site. The 5 to 6 hours ascend till Rohlikohli is moderate. There are two streams on the route towards the camp site (Chor Nallah and Kohli Nallah). Rohli Kohli is a beautiful camp site and offers amazing views of Solang Valley. Overnight camp at Rohli Kohli.
- Day 3 Trek to Bhrigu Lake
Trek commences early in the morning by 7 am after breakfast, for Bhrigu Lake. It takes around 4 hours to reach to Bhrigu Lake. Packed lunch will be done at Bhigu Lake. Care should be taken that no littering happens over here. As per the myths, Rishi Bhrigu meditated here and used to take bath in the holy water. We will then start for the descend to Rohlikohli camp site. Overnight stay in tents at Rohlikohli camp site.
- Day 4 Descend to Gulaba and Departure from Manali
We will start with descend this morning for Gulaba. The descend is easy and takes around 3-4 hours. Departure will be done from Manali bus stand at 5 PM.
This trek is an easy one. Any newbie or first timer can opt for this trek.