Due to the increase in the number of adventure seekers mountains attract every year, the amount of waste being thrown away is also increasing. Worst of it, plastic.
Trekmunk, for its love of the mountains, has solemnly sworn to do something about it and hence gave birth to Mischief managed.
STEP 1: LETS AVOID TAKING PLASTIC TO THE MOUNTAINS.
WHY DO WE NEED TO DO THIS?
- Prevention is better than cure.
- Bacteria that are responsible for biodegrading turn up their noses at plastic. You feed them wood, food scrapes, paper and they will feast on it but as soon as you drop an ounce of plastic, bye- bye one-celled organisms.
HOW TO WAVE THE WAND?
- Carry your dry ration/ chocolates/protein bars in a tiffin box, without the wrappers.
STEP 2: CLEANING THE MESS.
- Recycle everything you bring back.
- Cleaning the mountains does not mean polluting the cities.
- Trekmunk will send one batch after every season on every slope we trek on. The ultimate aim of the batch consisting of trek leaders, volunteers and interns will be to bring back whatever garbage they can find.
- Every bit of garbage the team brings back will be segregated into recyclable and non-recyclable materials and the needful will be done.
STEP 3: EACH ONE, TEACH ONE.
- Lastly, educate the village folk about the harmful effects of using, burning and burring plastic in the mountains. The cons of it and how it makes the closest thing to heaven contribute to hell.
WE SOLEMNLY SWEAR WE ARE UP TO SOMETHING GOOD.
Fixed Group Departures